1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**White Flyer Championships at Rend Lake SC**

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Larry Chinski, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Everyone!

It's that time of year again. September is the month for the annual White Flyer Championships at the Rend Lake Shooting Complex. This is a three day event starting on Friday, September 28th through Sunday, September 30th. Click on the above link for the program.

Friday will be a 500 bird doubles marathon starting at 11:00 am. These are target only (cheaper birds) and are not factored in for the HAA champion. Saturday we will shoot 200 doubles and 100 handicap. Sunday is 200 singles and 100 handicap. We will be running seven program fields and one practice trap.

We will be giving out very nice belt buckles as trophies for this shoot. Also, we have decided that starting for the 2013 target year we will be offering free lunch to all our shooters.

If anyone would like to reserve a camp site, let me know by Emailing me at the above address. Please do not post to this thread asking for a spot as I will probably not be able to respond starting this afternoon. We also get a really good rate at the Rend Lake Resort which is about a half mile from the club, so if you would like to reserve a room, Email me for that as well.

John and I are looking forward to a GREAT event this year. The grounds look better than they have in years and all of the new equipment is performing flawlessly. Come on out and shoot and have fun.

Thanx guys...

Larry C

2. plaw

plaw Active Member

Never shot there,always go by there on way to grand.Do they throw good targets?

3. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

They throw great targets! I always enjoy shooting there. This place is in a re-birth and they are making it first class for the shooters. I hope to be in the region so I can shoot. This is always a fun shoot and now you get a free lunch too. They get you in and out. The last shoot they had was great and shootoffs were done by 2:30.

I stopped by last weekend and they had a bunch of disabled shooters and about 50 kids helping the shooters. The place looked like a golf course. I may be in the area this Saturday and I hope to be able to shoot a little practice.
    CA

4. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

I saw a camper already moved in. How many camp sites do you have open for the shoot? Do they all have electricity? I pulled in last night and there must have been 75 people shooting. Keep up the good work! Will there be room for some practice this Saturday or will the place be packed again?
    CA

5. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey CA:

Nice to hear from ya again. Yes there is one camper there, but I still have openings. All the sites have 30 and 50 amp service. I have a very long water hose right near the sites to fill your water tanks. There is a dump station across the street at the truck stop, and another at the park. So we have you covered.

This Saturday we will for sure have open shooting. We will also have two different events going on at the same time.

The Southern Illinois Still Target Championships will be going on just south of the shooting line, west of the camp sites. This is a really fun thing to watch. A totally different style of shooting then what we are used to, but the passion and custom guns are all very similar. There will be news crews from the local television stations and other media outlets at the facility covering this event. I am going to do my best to hide from the interviewers, and let John handle the public relations. After all he is much better looking than me and loves all the attention! You know me - I don't have that much of a personality.

Also, the local HS FFA shoot will be going on as well. We expect 150 youth shooters all participating in trap, skeet, and 5-stand. There will be lunch available by the FFA, which is always very good.

If anyone is bored this weekend, come on out and see what else we have been up to at RLSC this year, as we try to rebuild a TOTAL shooting program.

Thanx again guys...

Larry C

6. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Still a few camp sites left guys. Email me if you'd like one.

Thanx..

Larry C

7. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Larry,
    I stopped by Saturday and thought I was not going to find a parking place! You must have had 100 people shooting trap. I saw the practice traps full most of the time I was there. I shot a round of trap and skeet. I had to wait to shoot skeet! You had the entire place going strong. Thought about 5-stand but it was busy too and I did not have enough time. I could not believe that a club of no shooters last year has 100 plus shooters on Saturdays. Keep up the great work. I loved the wireless skeet system. I visited with the NWTF turkey shooters and they had only great things to say about you guys!

Sorry but work has me to far away to slip in for an event this weekend. I heard some young shooters talking about starting a team and shooting your singles Sunday. They sure were excited. Way to go getting more people in the sport.

Have fun and congrats to the guy shooting his 200,000th single.
    CA

8. Larry Chinski

Larry Chinski Member

Hey Ca:

Yes it was very very busy last weekend - sorry you didn't get to shoot the 5-stand. Come out anytime and I will set it for you myself to make up for it. Too bad you will miss the vent this weekend but we'll see ya at the Indian Shoot in October.

Looks like the weather will be cooperating guys! Sunny and 76 degrees Friday through Sunday. It will be a no excuse, high score weekend I am betting. All campsites are now filled but if anyone needs a place to stay Email me and I will set something up at the resort.

See everyone there....

Larry C

9. osoab

osoab TS Member

How many squads do you expect for tomorrow?

Plan on heading over to shoot 500.

10. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Great news!
    If all goes well I will be coming through Sunday. I hope it works out so I can shoot.

Osoab, looks like a great day to shoot 500 doubles!

I have heard several people planning on attending, it sounds like another big shoot at Rend Lake. If you have not shot there in a while, I suggest you load the car and get to Rend Lake for the weekend.

Hope to see you all on Sunday,
    CA

11. osoab

osoab TS Member

Had a great time today. Thanks Larry and John. (I think it was John)

Rain quit and things dried up before we shot.

Apologies for needing a jump, new battery has that problem fixed now. :)

Word to the wise, don't watch the pelicans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.