1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

White flyer AA clay targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dennis p, Aug 8, 2013.

1. dennis p

dennis p Member

Received an new shipment of targets 3 weeks ago , have had a rash of broken targets avg. 25 per round of 5 shooters on a squad each shooting the standard round of 25 each. I've been a trap equipment repair man for 15 plus years, and have pulled my hair out adjusting and readjusting with only more and more pissed off shooters trying to get these targets to work. Well today I found some old stock of targets and guess what only 1 broken target after 3 rounds of a 3 man squad. What's up ? If any one can shed any light on what's happening please speak up .Thanks Dennis P.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Are they Bios?

3. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

We just got a 14 pallet order of WF pitch targets (I'm on the west coast) and we have been throwing them with PAT traps and almost no breakage. Mark

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

Dennis, you need to get in touch with the Eastern Regional White Flyers representative and discuss your problem with him. Tom

5. JoZ

JoZ Member

targets Dennis is describing are not 'Bios'.

6. locdoc

locdoc Member

I've heard of other clubs with similar complaint(s). Do as TjaE has suggested. You are NOT alone.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

7. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

Were these targets delivered on a trailer with an air ride system?

8. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

The problem may be with the way White Flyer is shipping the targets. The last shipment of targets we got were plastic wraped once up only and the pallet when we got it was shifted 8in. off center causing the cases on the bottom of the stack to get crushed. They did not look damaged but half the targets in the last bottom rows must have been fractured as we had many broken targets this weekend at a league shoot.

The old way of shipping was once wraped up down up down and twice more on the bottom. We talked to our distributer and was told he would make good all broken cases. I spoke with the White Flyer rep in PA and he called the factory while I was there and voiced his displeasure. Hope things get back to being right.

9. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Note the lot numbers on the cases before you call....

Jay

10. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

We too have had some broken targets with this new load. Didn't pay a lot of attention to it but will now.

11. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

K...I would not point a finger at White Flyer. They ship to a regional distributer. They ship to you. From there you handle them. More than one hand in the pie. Been very happy with the product for several years.

12. dennis p

dennis p Member

They are pitch targets . I realize many hands have handled them before they get to us but it just is frustrating for me as well as the shooters with so many broken targets. I had heard that the pitch in the recent past has not been up to snuff. I'm going to get lot #'s and see what happens from there. Thanks for all you input. Dennis P.

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

This is nothing new. From time to time a bad batch gets out of the factory. We had some a few years ago that I called Republican Targets. They curled right no matter what you did. They were warped. WF made them good as they will probably do with this problem. Its good for business especially when you have a near monopoly like WF does.

T

14. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

The White Flyer rep told us to get pictures of the pallets and lot numbers, we did and sent all the info to White Flyer. Our local distributor told us they would replace all bad cases. White Flyer is a great company to do business with. Buy USA.

15. Baber

Baber TS Member

One more thing. WF only sells through distributors. If you buy a whole truck load chances are that you will get almost a direct shipment from the WF factory. If you buy by the pallet then you must get them from the distributors warehouse and thats were some of the mis handling occurs.

T

16. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

We too have good looking targets breaking. Pitch targets. All mixed on and through pallets. Pick up a target and tap it it's fine but put one in any of our 20 machines they break as they leave the machines. Switched to some new Bio targets and throwing good targets again.

17. tjwood77

tjwood77 TS Member

We had the same problem. The problem the targets were warped. a whole skid. Was told they didn't dry right and sat in a very hot trailer. If you look at the targets they may be warped meaning egg shaped. They will not sit flat on the plate. I found a bad stack and shipped them after talking to who I cant recall in there plant in NY if you check the web sight you can find it. They replaced the whole skid...No problem.

TJ

18. dennis p

dennis p Member

19. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Funny comment about about the bio targets not having the breakage problems that pitch targets do...I wonder why that is? ;)

20. GRUMPN

GRUMPN TS Member

Sounds like you need some of those CHAMPIONS. GOD can't even break them half the time. ;-) Ric

Search tags for this page
aa clay targets
clay pigeons for sale by pallet

wf pitch targets

white flyer aa clay targets

white flyer biodegradable targets skid
white flyer clay pigeon
white flyer clay targets
white flyer clay targets for sale