1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

white deer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

This was sent to me in a e-mail. Have any of you Wis guys seen one of these? really pretty animal

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=inwi10s22a3q81f

Bob

2. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Years ago I spent a couple of summers at Argonne National Lab in the SW suburbs of Chicago. They had a whole herd of white deer on the grounds. They were visible almost all the time, and made no attempt to hide. I believe they were fallow deer, not whitetails.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I got that email. Had a friend tell my the had them in the feeder.

I think there are 2 places in Wisconsin that has them. Beautiful creatures.

HM

4. Donm

Donm Active Member

I live in SE. Wisconsin and have seen atleast 3 different white deer down here. They are really everywhere. Here in Wi the DNR has had everyone shooting so many does that the whitetail deer may be extint in a couple of years.

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

We have some here in the Chapel Hill, NC area.

6. len loma

len loma TS Member

Live in south eastern WIsconsin on edge of Jefferson Marsh. The story has it they are exotic deer that escaped quite a while back from a game farm. I have had them so close I could poke them in the eye which are very dark. They have breed with local whitetail so the gene is common to both. A regular white tail can have a spotted fawn and a pure white one. Pretty neat. Had quite a few white deer out here but like the numbers for all Wisconsin deer they have severely dropped off. They are fair game to shoot in herd reduction areas of Wisconsin since CWD does not care about color. Pretty sad thing happening with our Wisconsin deer and the poor management by the DNR.

Len

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Those Argon lab animals were caribou. I remember one got loose when i was a kid. Jeff

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

That's cool. I actually have a copy of that book.

We have a population of them here in SE Wisconsin, here is a photo my wife took out the front window of our house a couple years back.

SW

9. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

If you drive on highway 60 between Amarillo and Pampa, you can see White Deer everyday!

Shoot safe, John

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

In an area near me there a herd of white deer. The older people who use to own the property were real nice people and like to show people who they trusted the deer. They I'm sorry to say they sold the place to a real A$$hole. I have not seen or heard a thing about them for some time. I just hope the A$$hole didn't let people in and shoot the hell out of the deer.

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Several near Nashville, IL., just a few miles from Sparta.

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

We've got one running around our club's grounds and surrounding area. Around the sporting clays course there a few "deer highway" paths. They seem to know that they're safe on the club's property. I've been looking for the white one but so far haven't seen it although many of the other directors have.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

We have a white deer around the house. I have a lot of video of him/her taken while bowhunting. I could have shot it two or three times (it is legal to shoot white deer in MD), but it seemed more appropriate to shoot it with film. My 13-year old, on the other hand, hunted that deer hard all season long - missing it twice (we only bowhunt deer). I told him killing a white deer is bad luck. He said it has a brown patch between its ears....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

deer taken out of jefferson marsh in wisconson

white deer nashville il