1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

White Boot experience??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by cottondoctor, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Does anyone have any experience with White Boots? I know the loggers of the Northwest consider them the gold standard in work books but what about everyday wear? I have high arches and insteps and am having severe foot (heel) pain that may be associated with plantar fasciitis. I am told that White Boots may help this.

2. 682 beretta

682 beretta Member

I can't say if a pair of Whites will cure your foot problems, but but a pair of Whites WILL cure your work boot problems. A pair of custom built Whites are not cheap, but when you think you got the last mile out of a pair, send them back to the factory and have them rebuilt. Try that with anything less. Made right here in the USA too. The only problem I had with my Whites is the catalog. My wife saw it and had to have her very own custom, lace up, cowboy last, extra height, exotic leather, model. Buy a pair, break them in and enjoy.
    Barney

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

When I was a kid in Portland in the '50s Danner was headquartered about a half mile from my house. I bought my first pair in the early '60s. At the time they were great boots and their chief rival among loggers, hunters, etc. was White, made in Spokane. Over the years Danner grew and moved several times, and now many of their boots are made in China. I think their quality and customer service has gone downhill. Not so with White. About fifteen years ago I bought a pair of White Elk Guide Pacs for cold weather hunting, and they are still in great shape. Whites are pricey, but IMHO the quality can't be beat.

4. Trap4

Trap4 Member

I have 2 pair of White Korean boots, basically for extreme cold weather, new condition, anyone interested in them?

Trap-4

5. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

TRAP 4...what size ?

6. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Crab, have 1 pair left size 10

Trap-4

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

As a former logger and cattleman(central WA), you can't beat Whites.

Only work boots that didn't give me blisters breaking them in.

Wore caulks falling timber and packers working cattle.

When winter came used their gray bottom packs, kept my feet warm and dry.

When ever I damaged or wore a pair out,I just sent them in, Whites rebuilt them and even changed heel angles to how I walked. The rebuilt boots felt better then the original pair.

Best work clothes investment you'll make, in my book.

8. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

I most definitely do not have anything against White Boots, but I will mention a most worthy competitor. West Coast Shoes make some very fine boots in Scapoose, Oregon. They will also make custom boots, fitting each foot in case a person has different sized feet, and they accomodate deformities or abnormalities in the process. My dad had lost a couple of toes to frostbite and was kind of beat up in a logging accident, but his Wesco (West Coast) boots let him walk many miles a day in comfort. As I said, Whites are excellent, but West Coast is a very good alternative if you're comparison shopping. And they also rebuild their boots as often as necessary, and not just the custom ones. Just thought I'd mention some good people in the same line of business.

9. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Trap 4, won't fit

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

White boots are unmatched for customer service and durability of their product

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. BFE

BFE TS Member

Look at Nick's custom boots. Have three pair of White's and went to Nick's much better quality in my mind and feet...

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't know how good they will be to work in but my dad left me a pair of these i could probably sell. :)
    grntitan_2009_2503165.jpg

13. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

been wearin Whites for 40 years, best boot ever made

14. STOS

STOS Member

I will second it for Nicks boots.He use to work for whites and when they decided to downgrade there quailty he decided to build his own custom boots the way he thought it should be done.That is how Nicks boots came to be #1.

15. Rich C

Rich C TS Member

I've had my elk Whites since about 1977, been rebuilt once. I don't wear them everyday anymore but i too want to be buried in them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.