1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

which wad for Fiocchi and Fed. paper hulls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quicky, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicky

quicky Member

Wondering which wad would be good for the Fiocchi and Fed. paper hulls I inherited recently. Straight sided hulls need a different wad as I have been given to understand. 1 or 1.125 oz. data needed, I load with Clays for 1 oz. and International for 1.125 oz. Rio primers. Thanks, Quicky

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Federal 12S0 for 1 oz. and 12S3 for 1-1/8 oz.

I don't use the Federal "knock-off" wads by other manufacturers but understand they are fine to substitute.

Curt

3. fishguts

fishguts Member

I've used Claybuster 12SO and 12S3 relacement wads with no problem in these cases.

Wayne

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I've had excellent results with Downrange DRF3-12 for 1 1/8oz. loads.

5. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Just finnishing up some federal hulls been shooting for three years. I have been using the clay buster federal fig 8 wad [red] . It is a very hard hitting wad.

GS

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Federal 12C1 if you can find any. They were discontinued. The 12S0 and 12S3 should work well. The Claybuster clones work well and also the Downrange DRF3 for 1 1/8 oz. Downrange does not make a clone of the 12S0, but they "claim" another one of their XXL wads works as well. It didn't for me. Some shooters have had good results with it.

Whatever you do, find data for the exact components you are using, or use common sense if substituting ANYTHING.

7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Precision Reloading has F12C1 wads ... $30/M.

Bob

8. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

I'm going to use clay busters on feds and estates. Let you know in a week.
    RAILROAD

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Windjammer all the way.

10. okiefarmer

okiefarmer Member

We have loaded thousands upon thousands of fed papers using the versalite wads. Downrange sells them now. The crimp is twice as good as the 12s3 and always consistent. We use international powder with no migration. I loaded some with pb. They shot fine but there was powder left in my barrell so I know there was some migration. Hope this helps. They are great wads and fairly priced.

11. fishguts

fishguts Member

I find the 12C1 wads are too short to fill the hull up when loading light 1 or 1 1/8th. The 12S0 and 12S3 are much better and make a tight shell.

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.