1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Unsingle Trap Combo

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1moreround, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

Been thinking of getting either the Cynergy Classic Trap unsingle combo 32/34, or the Caesar Guerini Summit unsingle combo 32/34...What do you shooters think of these guns??

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I've never shot either one, but you should. Buy the one that feels most comfortable to you. The combo should shoot where you are looking for singles, doubles and caps. Make sure the O/U barrel has the right POI for both barrels on doubles ... many don't.

For what it is worth, I have heard some negatives comments regarding the Cynergy's quality, but nothing on the Caesar Guerini. Bill Malcolm

3. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

I own a 682 Gold E trap at the present,but I find as I am recoil sensitive due to a recent broken neck that the Beretta seems to kick much like a small donkey..If I could find a decent gun fitter up here in Ontario I would be making an appointment with him as I have been told that it could very well just be the fit that is wrong...We Canucks can not just go to our local retailer and test guns like our American friends, so we have to spend the bucks and hope for the best....its only hard earned dollars we lose if we don't like it :)

4. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

How effective are the precision fit stocks in tuning the gun to the individual, and are they really worth the money, as maybe it could be the answer of proper gun fit that I'm looking for with the 682E

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

1more ... where in Ontario are you? There are lots of Beretta's around with PFStocks in this area. I'm sure we could arrange for you to try one. Bill Malcolm, Woodstock, Ontario.

6. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I bought the Browning cynergy unsingle classic trap. I started out with a remington 870. I Love it!!!!!!!!! Easy to set up. Shoot's great.

7. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

New to the board. I just went thru this process, was looking at the Brownng, Guerini and the Beretta 682. The Beretta and the Guerini fit me the best, came down to price. Ended up driving up to Joel Etchen Guns as he has 682 32/34 sets on sale right now for 4195.00. Ended up walking out with one of his 687 specials with EELL wood for 4760.00. Joel has the 687's made to his specs,engraved 687 receiver,682 Optima barrels and they cut the combs themselves using metal hardware.

Had it out to the range Sun and Mon,shot about 15 rounds of trap,everything was over a 20 with 1 25 right out of the box with the recommended settings from Joel. The gun is light and swings much faster than my previous gun,a Weatherby Athena trap. It also balances perfect for me. recoil is not bad even with lighter weight.

Highly recommend the Beretta and Joel Etchen Guns,buy the gun that fits you the best.The Beretta works for me.
    John

8. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I'll echo John's comments. I bought one of Joel's 687 combos a month ago and it could be the most comfortable gun to shoot that I've ever owned. My son has a top single combo while I bought an unsingle primarily so he would have one of each when I am no longer able to shoot. A full gun test of it along with comparisons with O/U and top single versions should appear in an early-2009 issue of Shotgun Sports Magazine.

Ed

9. FN in MT

FN in MT TS Member

I'd strongly suggest trying the CG combo. For the money they are hard to beat. The Jury is still out on longevity regarding the CG trap models but I've heard nothing but positive reviews on the SC models. They HAVE been out there a few years now.

I'm amazed at how lively my 34" unsingle feels and handles . But it doesn't seem to kick ....yet it SHOULD. For the first time in a long time I'm shooting 3 dram heavies for Handicap. Like the fact it has an adjustable comb too. The unsingle is $4900 the combo is a tad under $7K.

Try one...You may regret it otherwise.

FN in MT

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The Guerini will shoot up to 120% high right out of the box which equals or exceeds the K-80 Special at very much lower price.

Indiana gun club has 2 release combos in stock.

I had the un-single model w/release am now considering the combo with double release triggers.

Bob Schultz is supposed to have the best pricing on them.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. rrose

rrose TS Member

1more:
    I encourage you to try the Cynergy. I have not heard of any quality issues of them. I have one of the ou sporters and love it. I sold my custom stocked xt to go to the cynergy. The triggers are better, the felt recoil feels less than my xt that had a custom stock made to fit me. I think the felt recoil is so much less partly because of the low profile action. I could not be happier with mine and plan to get the combo very soon. The price on the Cynergy combo seems to be around 4200-4500, I do hate the Browning adjustable hardware so I would get the fixed stock and have a good adjustable comb installed.The dealers have them out now so they are no longer 6 months in the future. Try one and see if it fits you. All of the guns mentioned are good guns but they will be good for you only if they fit. If you are close to Cincinnati you are welcome to shoot mine to see how it feels.
    Randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.