1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

which type of pad adjuster?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DaveXT, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Do you suggest a single point through the pad adjuster or the two point remove the pad to adjust style?

Thanks
    Dave

2. DaveXT

DaveXT Member

Do you suggest a single point through the pad adjuster or the two point remove the pad to adjust style?

Thanks
    Dave

3. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have both. I prefer the GraCoil remove the pad style over Jones style through the pad. I use through the pad stlye on a couple of guns I carry in a hard cases. The receiver/stock won't fit in the case with out moving the pad up and inline with the stock butt. I have traced a line around the pad plate so I can return it to the original location. Both stlyles do the job, if fitting your gun in case is not an issue then it's a toss up.

Surfer

4. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

I have both. I prefer the GraCoil remove the pad style over Jones style through the pad. I use through the pad stlye on a couple of guns I carry in a hard cases. The receiver/stock won't fit in the case with out moving the pad up and inline with the stock butt. I have traced a line around the pad plate so I can return it to the original location. Both stlyles do the job, if fitting your gun in case is not an issue then it's a toss up.

Surfer

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jones adjuster on my 90T HPAR... nice to use a single tool to make adjustments, without having to take off the pad.

Jay

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Jones adjuster on my 90T HPAR... nice to use a single tool to make adjustments, without having to take off the pad.

Jay

7. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Thye pad adjuster with the one off center allen screw to allow offset, plus almost 2" inches of vertical travel and any angle,would be best, it will virtually fit anybody.

Similiar to the ones sold by Brownells and sold and installed by Country Gentleman.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Thye pad adjuster with the one off center allen screw to allow offset, plus almost 2" inches of vertical travel and any angle,would be best, it will virtually fit anybody.

Similiar to the ones sold by Brownells and sold and installed by Country Gentleman.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I like the "New Jones Adj. Butt Plate". It has two adj. screws thru the pad that allow you to move it without removing the pad and it has never slipped on me yet!!! Less than $70 plus shipping. break em all Jeff

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I like the "New Jones Adj. Butt Plate". It has two adj. screws thru the pad that allow you to move it without removing the pad and it has never slipped on me yet!!! Less than $70 plus shipping. break em all Jeff

11. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Personally, I like the 100 Straight adjuster. This is the one bolt accessible through the pad type. Once set, it never moves on me.

12. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Personally, I like the 100 Straight adjuster. This is the one bolt accessible through the pad type. Once set, it never moves on me.

13. lostandout

lostandout Member

i make and install them and i make them with 2 screws that will adjust with out removing the pad

14. lostandout

lostandout Member

i make and install them and i make them with 2 screws that will adjust with out removing the pad

15. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

I have installed the "100 Straight" adjuster and have found that it can be rotated and moved up/down through a single hole in the pad , BUT...

in order to move the pad sideways the adjusting hole has to be elongated sideways or enlarged as much as you want the pad to move because you won't be able to get the allen wrench through the pad and back into the screw to tighten it once you move the pad sideways. The hole in the pad won't line up with the hole in the screw.

Mike Killian

16. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

I have installed the "100 Straight" adjuster and have found that it can be rotated and moved up/down through a single hole in the pad , BUT...

in order to move the pad sideways the adjusting hole has to be elongated sideways or enlarged as much as you want the pad to move because you won't be able to get the allen wrench through the pad and back into the screw to tighten it once you move the pad sideways. The hole in the pad won't line up with the hole in the screw.

Mike Killian

17. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Check out the R.A.D.

18. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

Check out the R.A.D.

19. open choke

open choke TS Member

Go to where benchrest said that's where my stock fitter gets all his stuff from.

Most of the shooters I know have all his hardware on thier guns.

Personally, I have the comb, recoil system, & and addiontal rib on my gun

20. open choke

open choke TS Member

Go to where benchrest said that's where my stock fitter gets all his stuff from.

Most of the shooters I know have all his hardware on thier guns.

Personally, I have the comb, recoil system, & and addiontal rib on my gun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

graco 585pa adjustments