1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which trap to buy

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by billn, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billn

billn Member

Our trap club is looking to buy two traps for shooting 5 stand. Our set up is the skeet field with the trap in the center. We have three Pat traps, two skeet and one trap, with wobble. We have two Winchester skeet traps on wagons with extension cards to 100 foot to set up our 5 stand field. the old hand set Winchester trap is over head at the #3 skeet station. We can use all of the traps to set up the 5 stand now.

We are looking at Pro Mantic with a 50 bird set to buy. They are around $1000.

The machines would be use maybe 10 to 12 times a year. Would this be a good choice to get????

Our old Winchesters skeet machines would be for sale after the purchase.

2. billn

billn Member

ttt

3. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I have a couple Atlas trap machines that I have had for about 8 years and thrown thousands of targets without a glitch

Well I did have one glitch sometimes I will use a battery charger to power it and somehow somebody (me) had it on the start/boost range, it went a little crazy then, guess on that range it puts out more than 12 volts, and the machine didn't like it

4. Timd3200

Timd3200 Member

We have a promatic trap and it has been a good trap. I wouldn't be scared of them. Don't know about the others.

5. traploader

traploader Member

You could convert your Single Stack Western to hold 520 clays with our SkeetLoader SL500. Sells for $995 per unit. Shipping is approx. $150. I have Western parts too.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro

6. traploader

traploader Member

Also, make a autoloader DS100 for your handset Western. Sells for $1495 plus $150 to ship. Holds 100 targets and throws 50 automatic singles or 50 doubles. Can be made to wobble with our wobble kit add on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.