1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Training DVD To Buy ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pete1955, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete1955

pete1955 TS Member

If you had to own one Trap shooting instructional dvd which one would it be? Phil Kiners or Harlan Campbell or others? I would like to try one at least and maybe more but would like some opinions. I am a fairly new shooter of just a few months.

Pete

2. butcher

butcher Member

PHIL KINERS

3. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Kiner is all you will need.

4. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mr. Kiner's is hard to beat.

-Gary

5. archangel

archangel Member

I have both Kiner's and Harlan's. They each have thier own style. Harlan holds a high gun while Kiner may or may not. if you shoot one eyed Kiner's may be more helpful. I find Kiner's to be the one I watch over and over.

6. pete1955

pete1955 TS Member

7. trinketshooter

trinketshooter TS Member

Harlan Campbell Jr.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I have Kiners DVD but I took a class from Harlan. Harlan also teaches in a way to help you find what type of shooting is best for you. I'm in the opinion that every instructor has something to offer each of us to better our shooting skills.

9. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

What about Leo Harrison's new dvds? Anyone? Thinking about buying the 2 dvd set. Regards, Ed

10. indycamster

indycamster Member

Phil Kiner's DVD helped me diagnose "Cross firing." Something I had never heard of...If you are missing shots "mysteriously" and some times see the side of your gun barrel after a shot..you may have it.
    Otherwise, Phil's style is pragmatic...find what works for you, using the various techniques he teaches. I revisit the dvd a lot. Also, making the slight adjustments based on reading your breaks is very helpful, 1/16th even 1/32 make a difference. When you can see those differences, you are on your way to better scores...once centered and repeatable, it's you, not the gun...Thanks Phil for your help.

11. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I have Leo's DVD's & can certainly recommend them.

12. JES

JES Member

Harlan the visualation worked for me. I have not watched Phil's had watched ohay and Harlan helped alot.

13. PILLMAN

PILLMAN TS Member

I have both of kiner's , both of leo's ,harlan's ,thinking about frank little's , and have taken nora's class , learned something in each one , as to which one is best , they all have there merits very difficult to choose....Phil Burton #9502565

14. Landshark

Landshark Member

I have Phil Kiner's and learned a lot from it. Very good investment IMO.

15. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I have them all, Kiners, Leo's, Harlan's and Frank Littles. I have to agree with PillMan, you will learn something from everyone of them. Try to watch them all. Kiner's eye improvement program is also a very good investment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.