1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Scope ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Doug Brown, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I have an Anschutz 64 .22 silhouette rifle. What scope would be of the correct vintage to have on it? Thanks

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Doug,

The Louie 6.5 X 20 with 40mm objective is pretty standard. Some of them were doubled and had the reticule changed to a large dot by Premier Reticules. I think they are still in business.

jim brown

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

If you deside on a Leupold make sure you check with the factory before altering the scope so as not to void the lifetime warranty.

4. jim brown

Last time I checked Premier was a Louie authorized repair center and their alterations did not void the warrantee. Actually their warrantee may be better than Louie. They sell new Louie scopes with upgrades or reticules installed.

jim brown

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

I was thinking this gun was old enough to have a Lyman or older Redfield, to be proper on it ?

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Do you want to use it or look at it. If you plan on using it, Leupold is as good as they get. Premier is authorized by Luepold and their work does not void any warranty. I have three of their scopes on varmint rifles and they are nice. I think though they will no longer work on your scope, I think you must buy the scope new from them. They can also change where the crosshairs are in the scope to make them like the fine European makers. They will also put any type of reticle you want in. Dots, circles, minute dots, all kinds of neat things. They also boost power if you want.

7. jim brown

Doug,

Isn't the 64 a current model?

jim brown

8. 3dram8

3dram8 Member

I used to shoot a lot of smallbore silhouette in the late 70's and 80's. Back then a very popular scope was the Weaver T-10 & T-16. They command a nice premium if you can find one. ....Rick

9. jim brown

Doug,

If you want to try that 64 out they have .22 silhouette at the Lincoln Ikes. One Wednesday evening a month and one weekend a month. If you are interested I can get you a schedule.

jim brown

10. ClaySmoke

ClaySmoke Member

Just an FYI for you guys. Leupold and Premier Reticles have dissolved their relationship, and Premier will no longer work on Leupolds. This all came about because Leupold started their own Custom Shop a few years ago, and now they offer reticle changes as well as custom reticles. Garrett

11. twin

twin Member

Lyman "Super Target Spot" 12, 15, 20, or 25 power or a Redfield scope.

Lots of fun. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.