1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which SBT points like a Model 12?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Garry, Jan 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garry

Garry Active Member

Which SBT has the pointing characteristics most like a Winchester Model 12 Trap gun?

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I have found that my Ljutic Mono handles very closely to my Model 12. But then, nothing handles just like a Model 12.

Big Jack

3. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with Big Jack. I shot a Mod.12 for years and recently numeros SBT's. I believe the Ljutic mono that I had was as close to the Mod. 12 as any.

Steve

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The old single barrel 101 is real close, so is the Super X-1 with the straight trap stock. But like Big Jack says, nothing like the Model 12.

Wayne

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Perazzi TM-1 is as close and you can get to the real thing ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Model 12s are highly overated. I started shooting much better scores when I changed guns. They do make pretty antique wall hangers though. 1oldtimer

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

NONE of them THANK GOODNESS!!

--- Chip King ---

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The original Ljutics had 33 inch barrels, this was not a coincidence. Placed along side a 30 inch model 12, they were the same length if the length of pull was the same. These early guns were almost identical to a model 12 in feel and balance.

9. John55

John55 Active Member

The original Seitz SBT or currently the Bowen version is as close to a M12 as you'll get. The receiver on those even looks a lot like a M12, and they point like one too...at least the ones I've handled.

10. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

It was over 35 years ago that I changed from a Model 12 to a BT-99 and I'm sure the learning curve was steeper for that change than it was from a BT-99 to a Perazzi; This is due to the change in lock time.

11. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Cherish those Mod. 12. Problably no gun in modern times has been shot in skeet, trap and talked about as the Model 12. Theres a reason for that.

Its like I read one time. Was which caliber of gun has collected more meat that another in histor. Answer the 22. If you added up all of the game it has killed from chipmunk, sparrows, and everything else the 22 wins hands down. Problably the slingshot next. If you throw the scattergun in their probably the Mod. 12. Thats was the legend of the day but still continues in certain ways. Bill

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Perazzi TM-1 comes closest to Model 12's dynamics in terms of weight, balance point, poi, poa and pointing. Most model 12 shooters transition easier to this gun than any other break open after they accoustom themselves to Perazzi's faster lock time. TM-1's are great guns for games, Annies and buddies and will digest big loads daily with no ill effects. In fact, Perazzi's TM series are the Timex of shotguns, They'll take a licken and keep on ticken forever..............

Surfer

13. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

None..... And nothing sounds like a Model 12 when it is slammed home!

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

John55: I agree with you I am on my 3rd Seitz.

GB
    DLS

15. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Titanium Seitz

16. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Stonewall you called it, but you missed the blow open or bang open as part of the model 12 experience...............

All of those late model Ljutic knock offs the A,B,C,I and S guns feel like, well like a Ljutic, go figure...............

Surfer

17. fishguts

fishguts Member

18. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I have to go with the TM1'ers. I can't tell any diff in the dynamics between the two. And the only sbt's that I've kept.

19. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Model 50 Winchester is too light in the bbl. to feel like a model 12

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.