1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHICH REMINGTON SHELLS BEST TO RELOAD?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nsrailroad, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

Which Rem shells better? STS, NITRO 27, Or NITRO GOLD? Going to get some soon.
    Also Anything new in the Winchester line?
    Thanks
    RAILROAD

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The STS and the nitros are the same hull. But I do get a bit more life out of the green STS ones for some reason. Maybe its just because I can't see the small tears in the green plastic as well as with the gold hulls, or it could be because the Nitros have heavier loads in the first fireing.

Either way, green/gold, they are all great hulls and you can load and shoot them as if they are exactly the same. Don't pass up any Reminton Gun Clubs either. They hold up just as well as the STS and use the same loading data, the only negative might be the steel head which is more difficult to resize.

3. dr.beav

dr.beav Member

Don't pass up any of the old balck Remington hulls -- you can load the darn things 12 to 15 times and they still keep on ticking! The black hulls are the same to load as the STS and Nitro but for some reason they out last everything else. You are lucky to get 4 or 5 times out of a Nitro and 8 to 10 out of an STS - the beav

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I'm still working on a couple thousand RXP hulls from prehistoric times. One day I'll use them up, along with the rest of my stock of "old" AA's. In the meantime, the STS Green seem to outlast the Nitros by a slight margin. The Gun Clubs and Sport hulls work fine if you can deal with the steel heads. As far as the Winchester AA's are concerned, I've never seen a basewad come loose in one. I've heard of it happening, just never seen one. I have loaded thousands of the new Winchester AA's without any trouble. They seem to be more consistent in length than the Remingtons and last as long or longer. The Remingtons can vary by more than 1/8" in length and sometimes makes consistent crimps impossible.

5. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

PS USING MEC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.