1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Reloader has the best warranty?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rodbuster, Apr 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I am thinking about getting into reloading. who has the best warranty on their machine? Thank you, Rodbuster.

2. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Dillon....if you can afford the initial investment.

Forrest

3. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

No question - Dillon.

Doyal

4. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Dillon, the best there is!

Tom R.

5. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Dillon is the best. If you have a fire and can retrieve one piece of the Dillon to send in they will give you another machine. Had a friend that this happened to and he was totally amazed that the company actually would replace his machine.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dillon will replace most anything under most any circumstance. In the past, I was a Dillon dealer. Their progressive metallic presses are without equal, but I will say that EVERY Dillon shotshell press I sold was refunded due to company policy and unsatisfied customers. For overall satisfaction, and occasionally buying a part, the Mec 9000GN is the press to beat, and I have sold and/or serviced about all of them.

I am not flaming any press, but relating my experience as a former high volume dealer of reloading machines and supplies.

7. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Dillion is great. Not everything is life-time though. Their case feeder motor has a one year warrenty. And you should buy direct from them to get the warrenty to work. Their also tricky. An E-bay machine won't fly because it's under another persons name. But Dillion is king in my book. Dave T.

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

While I doubt if Mec would give you a new reloader if yours was melted in a fire, they have a good warranty and without any, ands ifs or butts have the best phone and online help of any reloader in business. They have also sold more reloaders than ALL COMPETITION combined. You might remember that before you spend your hard earned money on one of the others. Break-em all. and good luck. Jeff P.S. I just bought my second one. Different ga.

9. JRD

JRD TS Member

I would have to say Dillon. I'm currently loading on a MEC, but if I start shooting more I will def. upgrade to a Dillon. And from what I have seen there isnt any machines out there that can keep up with Dillon as far as rounds per hour loaded. They are like a ammo factory, you can run out of components real fast loading on them.

10. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

From my experience, MEC. I purchased a used 9000H that I had a heck of a time getting the timing right. I called MEC with my problem, they asked me to send it in, they fixed it and returned at to me no cost.....not even shipping. FWIW....that is great service.

JMHO

Jim C

11. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Dillon, unequaled. Then again, I bought a P/W 800B used 32 years ago and have needed no waranty loading 25k per year.

Buz

12. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Hmm. I've got mec loaders along with an PW 800B and there all good loaders. The biggest problem I've got with the PW is it's a two person machine(someone to keep the shot and powder filled for me). Loaded 10 boxes in 1hr 15 min. taking my time Sat nite. The biggest thing to consider is your budget and how much you plan to shoot in a lifetime. The cost of a PW spread over a lifetime of shooting isn't that bad really but hey I bought mine used. We spend good money on quality guns so why shouldn't our reloading equipment be any different. just my thoughts and 1 dollar will by you a soda pop.
    keith

13. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

PULL & MARK
    Do you have the number for Mec support. I could really use it about now if you have it. Thanks Don

14. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Charles sell all thoughs visegrips and youcould by a Dillon Jon

15. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I must disagree with Dave T. I bought a used Dillon from a poster on this site. He did not have the boxes to ship it, called Dillon, and they SENT him a set of boxes, no charge. I broke a piece trying to force something, called them up explaining I was not the original owner and it was my fault the piece broke. Their reply? "It's a Dillon - you own it, we'll send you the part, no charge, what's your address?". I have never been charged, shipping or otherwise, for any part from them. They have the best warranty there is, bar none. Their live help over the phone is pretty darn good too, 800 number.

16. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Kieth

I routinely load a flat of 12, 20 or 28 in around 22 minutes. About 30 minutes for the 410. Did you get a glitch when you stated

"Loaded 10 boxes in 1hr 15 min. taking my time Sat nite". ?

BTW, when using a Dillon SL900, any case that has been stepped on or flattened out even a little will tie up the feeder mechanism. I just squeeze an offending hull out while I am stuffing it in the (9000) press.

17. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Dillon, plus you don't have to let go of the handle to insert the wad in the wad guide (if you're right handed) like you do with the MECs.

18. phirel

phirel TS Member

We are very fortunate that the manufacturers of reloading machines make such good products and offer fine service that a warranty program for the machines is of little interest to most of us.

Pat Ireland

19. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

RCBS "The Grand" with out a doubt. You don't have to be the original owner for the FREE replacement parts warranty. The best customer service there is. FD

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have two Dillon's. One I bought new the other used. Dillon has replaced any part I've requested for either machine, no questions asked. After I bought my first one (one of the first one's built) I had some problems three years later. I sent it back and they completely went through the machine, no charge for the updates, replacement of parts, or shipping. The best company I've ever done business with. And they both make shells as fast as I can dump components in. The big Blue machine is the best I've had, and I've had most of them through the years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mec reloader warranty

reloaders with best waranty