1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which release is best for Blaser Allem or McCarthy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Who makes the best double release for the new Blaser Allem or Patrick McCarthy?

2. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Allem roller release---SJB---

3. Robb

Robb Member

I don't think Allem does the roller on the Blaser.

4. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Robb is correct, Allem does NOT make a roller release for the Blaser. I had them install the double release back in Jan in my Blaser & thus far very happy with it. I know guys that have had McCarthy's & are also very happy. From what I understand, a bit quicker turn around with McCarthy's. For Allem's, I e-mailed & "made a reservation" for mine. When they were ready for it, I got a call from them. Shipped the reciever down & had it back in about a week or 10 days. I think I made my reservation in early or mid November. To answer your question, I am not sure if 1 is that much better than the other.

5. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

I have had Allem's roller releases in other guns, and they are as good as it gets (but as already pointed out, they are not available for the Blaser). I wanted to have Allems do my Blaser but the wait time then was SEVERAL months. After I talked with a few sources I decided to Have Pat McCarthy do the releases. Pat was exceptional to work with and his releases are as fine as any I have ever tried. They are also adjustable. Pat even followed up with a phone call to me about a week after he shipped them just to be sure everything was alright.If I were to buy another Blaser, Pat would be my first call.

6. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Active Member

Pat is absolutely awesome in all respects...workmanship, integrity, pricing.....but I gotta ask....why release the witch??? LOL

7. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

The wicked witch of the east release..............

8. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Pat would be my first choice. Great man and service has been my experience.

Tom Strunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

allems release blaser

blaser mccarthy

central ny