1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which PW workks best with Hydrulics?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Randy P, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy P

Randy P Member

Looking for info on Ponsness Warren presses with Hydrulics. Would like to know if one works better than another with the Hydrulics system. Currently using a 20 year old 800B and would like to purchase a new press. Was hoping maybe Whiz or someone that has one could respond.

Thanks, Randy

2. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have used all the P-W loaders and like the old B-models.I have one on hydraulics and works fine. One thing for hydraulic users, remove the set screw that holds the handle in and replace it with a bolt with lock nut. I had the set screw loosen and the Hydro actuator backed out and broke the end piece. I was told you had to buy the whole shaft but got just the end cap from P-W and it fit perfect.That was a 900. Now the massive end on the 800-B even if it did come loose it would not break. Jeff

3. Randy P

Randy P Member

Thanks Bigbore for the info, I'm partial to the 800B, but I just wasn't sure about the newer 900 or 2000. Never used the hydrulics, but would like to give one a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.