1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Pumps Will They Try To Ban?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Bushmaster1313, Jul 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

I worry that the gun banners will soon be going after pump shotguns.

First on the list, I think, would be the "military style" eight shot magazine pumps like the Mossberg M590A1.

There is, however, a dilemma for the Liberal.

An eight shot magazine does hold more rounds than a four round magazine, but a Mossberg 500 with its four round magazine can be converted into a short barreled shotgun with a hacksaw and a gun with an eight round magazine would need some serious machining and talent to make it into a usable short barreled multishot gun. And the Mossberg 500 with an 18 1/2 inch barrel is better suited to be shot out of a car or in a hallway. They don't call the 18 1/2 inch guns "Riot guns" for nothing!

So which does the Liberal go after, the scary black shotgun with the long barrel and magazine, or the shorter, more lethal, Riot Gun?

Bet they go after the scary looking guns and let us have our Riot Guns.

Note: I do not advocate anyone turning a perfectly legal 18 1/2 inch shotgun into a short barreled shotgun.

But here is a 1956 Ithaca 37 that was turned into a Riot Gun by having the barrel cut to 18 1/2. Measured three times with a dowel to a closed bolt face before leaving the gunsmith's shop!

Please notice the sophisticated optics crammed into the volume of a large BB at the the muzzle end of the barrel and the space age polymer stock made up of billions and billions of cellulosic micro fibers.

The roll stamped game scene on either side of the receiver is to trick an adversary into thinking my Ithaca is merely a sporting arm.

And because there is none of that scary black plastic, and the gun lacks a pistol grip, a long magazine, a folding stock, and one of those dreaded bayonet lugs, this couldn't possibly be a lethal weapon worth banning-right?

Lou
    [​IMG]

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Anyone can see at a glance that is a turkey gun, a mere sporting firearm..

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I think that they should ban the ones with 6 1/2" heels...

4. Bushmaster1313

Wireguy:

Was it the game scene or the lack of black plastic, or perhaps a combination of the two, which convinced you the Ithaca 37 pictured above was a mere sporting firearm and not one of the most devastating close quarters combat weapons yet devised?

Lou

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

My 19 yr old daughter in her new red pumps is more devestating,Lee

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

That M37 just can't be a for real combat piece. It has no picitinny rail system for lasers, flashlights, genade launchers ect....

But having a M97 Winchester with a similar barrel I can say you are adequately prepared to deal with large numbers of assorted vermin in very short order.

7. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The gun grabbers are not that bright. A daisy Red Rider and a Perazzi do not look any different to them than a full auto military weapon.

8. Bushmaster1313

Wolfram:

You mention a M97 Winchester.

How about a Model 12 with a 19 1/2 inch barrel measured to the closed bolt face?
    Does not handle as quick as the Ithaca but the extra heft gives a lot of comfort.

Another nice sporting arm.

P.S. For all you purists out there upset at my cutting the barrels to make riot guns, the Ithaca started with a broken Polychoke and the Model 12 had a dent at the muzzle end.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.