1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which president given credit for out sourcing

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mixer, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

I think it was Clinton.

Eric

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mike:

Nixon made the first inroads to befriending China, but trade didn't explode till China was accepted into the WTO. Click the link for more info on that.

Now that you have access to the answer you wanted, you might want to read up on why economic isolationism is not good for America, or the world. On the other hand, letting China manipulate currency and abuse us, and letting backstabbing companies like GM steal from taxpayers and bondholders and invest that money in China isn't exactly right either.

It's kind of a deep subject, especially if you really want to understand.

-Gary

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Say, is Manchuria in China?

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

You betcha. And they're real big at turning out bogus, bootleg, copied, clones.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
  6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    A better economy and better paid workers will help reduce the amount of Chicom purchases.

When people are struggling to make ends meet, price trumps quality.

When people have a comfortable level of income, they can be more picky for quality.

7. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

I know that I'm going to get bi-chslapped for this, but isn't outsourcing a bi-product of uncompetitive wages combined with a readily available supply of resourse materials?
    Unionization is partially to blame (my favorite boogieman...), but also our own laziness, and maybe even that we all have to get our college degrees. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
    But it is hard to compete with wages of $.10/hr, so I suppose some tariffs are in order to equalize things. Free trade may not work in our favor.
    Since none of us are willing to start working for pennies on the dollar, we need to lead the world in the developement of new stuff. Technology, information, etc. In short put all these big over-educated brains to work.
    It seems like the only field where we really lead the world is our movie/entertainment industry. The other guys are not even close.
    dju

8. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Man, thats just great . We lead the world in make believe. Now I am really woried. Might be true tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.