1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

** WHICH POSNESS WARREN **

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by threedeuces, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Now that I have pretty much made my mind up to get a P/W loader. Which one should I get, the 2000 or the 800+?

Thanks in advance.

2. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Check their website for their attributes. Decide which is best for you.
    I have the Platinum 2000 and no regrets. I only load for 12 ga though. I think with the 800+ you can easily change gauges if you want to load for another ga.

3. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

If all you are planning to load is one gauge, the 2000 is fine. If you plan to load multiple gauges the 800 + is the machine you want to get. Contact Whiz White ... whiz@swsupply.com ... Bill Malcolm

4. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Get the 800 plus no matter what. Just my opinion. Jeff

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I would get a newer model the 800+ is my choice. I have a 900 and a 800B and the parts for the 800B are no longer being made a word to the wise. I do have to say I like my loaders and am very happy with them built to last when maintained and set up properly a joy to use.
    Buddy

6. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

Got two 800+'s, one in each house, both with four-gauge setups. The changeover is very easy and takes five to ten minutes, depending on whether I have to consult the manual or not - but that's also being quite relaxed, not trying to beat the clock.

Tony

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If you click on my Website URL above, you can download an article I worte when these two machines were first introduced. This may help you make up you mind on which model.

Whiz White<BR>
    P/W Distributor

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have the 2000. Would I buy it again, yes. I only load one gauge so I dont need the 800 plus. If you plan on changing gauges, I would buy the +

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

From what I understand there is't a big difference in price between the Platinum & the 800+. From Whiz's article I would go with the 800+. The primary reason is my wife would have an easier time selling it for $50.00 when I'm dead & reloading wjll considered by the new more liberal anti gun gov't to being an ancient illegal act that flourised under the old second amendment.

Phil Berkowitz

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I returned the 800+ after multiple problems with its gearing. Got the 2000 and the primer feeder arm was made 1/8 inch too short. After 20+ years of P/W's gave up on the P/W quality and got a Spolar... never looked back. If you want a P/W get it from Whiz White and go with the Platinum 2000. Fred

11. whiz white

I'd be happy as hell to sell you a new 800 Plus or Platinum, and I'd even be happier to sell you my personal Spolar, sitting on the floor here at the shop.

Regarding Fred: He is an intelligent and nice guy to deal with. Unfortunately, Fred got a reloader at a time in P/W's history where they were selling too many, and could not oversee QC as they should have. Fred's machine was mis-machined, but nothing I could fix for him. He was patient and I feel the old management at the factory let him down - but that's just my opinion. The factory has been under new management for the past year - Bruce there is a great and understanding guy to deal with.

I prefer using the P/W over the Spolar, AND at HALF the price.

Whiz White

12. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Whiz did get my machine [2000] up and running by machining a new primer feed arm. By that time my frustration level got the best of me and I had ordered a new Spolar. The "fix" was perfect and the machine ran perfectly and sold at almost a new price, just too late for me. The price difference is a definite consideration. Several of us in So. CA. have Spolars and offer one another support AND the factory is only 90 minutes away. The service is so convenient and Dixie is a whoot! Some day I hope to meet Whiz and compare outlandish stories as we came out of the same profession. I will buy the first drinks. Fred

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

My 800+ is made correctly. no flaws other than the manual requires intrinsic knowledge. I have that now.

14. 1oz

1oz Member

If shooting and loading multi gauges and only want 1 machine 800+ .I have been very happy with my PW , older 800 C model with the 20,28 and 410 heads. Not at all worried about anything breaking or wearing out with the exception of me. The electric motors looking better an better all the time.

15. whiz white

Fred: Us two old school adminstrators may have to fight over who buys! ;-)

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.