1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Perazzi?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm 95% sure I'm going to go ahead and pickup a Perazzi at the end of this season. I love my Citori Plus and would like to get a Perazzi setup similar to my Plus. Which Perazzi model is going to be my best bet for trap shooting? I want a double barrel gun, and I don't need multiple barrels in a set. Recommendations?

2. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

The redoubtable Perazzi MX8. The first gun ever built from the ground up for the purpose of breaking clay targets. Arguably, one of the finest shotguns ever designed and manufactured.

Play Dead

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What is the difference between the MX8 and the MX2000/3? The MX2000/3 has the adjustable rib that I would prefer, can you get this rib on the MX8?

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Only the adjustable rib. No MX8 barrel has an adjustable factory rib. The Mx8 design is the main platform for all of the Perazzi removable trigger O/Us.

5. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

6. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you prefer the adj. rib feature in O/Us, you're limited to MX-10 & MX-2000/3 models, or the ultra high rib MX-2005 & MX-2008. And you'll be paying extra for it.

If you can accept a single barrel with adj. rib, you'll save 1/3 to 1/2 of the cost buying a used MX-15 which has a much bigger adj. range.

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Or find yourself a nice m3 special.

8. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

Actually just about any Perazzi model past or present would do if the stock fits you properly. Functionally the differences are a wash. They all have the same level of reliability and ease of rebuild. The big dif is drop-out triggers and "V"/coil hammer springs, neither of which is a big deal. The target will never know which one you are shooting.

Find one you like that fits you and shoots where you want it to.

You'll never be happy with just one anyway.

JMO of course YMMV

Charlie

9. harpo_old

harpo_old Guest

I would go with mx 14 or mx 15 same gun just plain on the outside and same on the inside for a lot less money...

10. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

" I would go with mx 14 or mx 15 same gun just plain on the outside and same on the inside for a lot less money... "

Are these guns being manufactured currently? I don't see them on the Perazzi site.

11. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The MX14 is a fixed rib gun and is available as an unsingle or an O/U or as a combo. The MX15 is an unsingle with the 6 notch adjustable rib; you can add O/U barrels from an other MX gun to it but the comb height and POI compatibility will turn out to be a real chore.

12. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm looking for a Perazzi that comes as an O/U with an adj. rib from the factory, I'm not looking to mix or match.

If I were to looking for a very lightly used MX2000/3 any idea what I would be looking at price wise compared to new?

13. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

Rich 219,

I just happen to have an MX2000/3 o/u. with 29 1/2 inch barrels, four way adjustable comb, infinitely adjustable buttplate, 3 position adjustable rib, hard perazzi case, and about 98% condition. The bottom barrel has 5 choke tubes and the top is a fixed full. This gun was sold as a bunker gun, but as far as I can tell the only difference between this gun and the new MX 2000/3 "all clays" gun is the fixed choke in the top barrel. I called Briley last year and they quoted me 300.00 dollars to install Briley thin walls in the top barrel.

The new MX2000/3 has a MSLP of about 16,000.00, My gun listed this year for 6,800.00. If you have any interest contact me.

Ted

14. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm not going to be ready to buy until the end of this season. I have to sell off my current gun to offset the cost of a new gun so I don't want to be gun-less for 2-3 weeks right now. If now was winter I would definitely had been very interested though.

15. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

What gun to you have to trade?

16. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

My Citori Plus. I really like the gun so I'm not even sure if I'll sell it when winter gets here and I decide to buy a Perazzi. I may just keep it as a backup gun, who knows.

17. jbshep

jbshep Member

Keep your Citori for doubles and get yourself a Perazzi TMX or the new TM9 for singles and handicap. Adjustable ribs are a marketing gimmick; an adjustable stock is essential. Just my opinion after a lot of Perazzi experience.

18. jbshep

jbshep Member

Keep your Citori for doubles and get yourself a Perazzi TMX or the new TM9 for singles and handicap. Adjustable ribs are a marketing gimmick; an adjustable stock is essential. Just my opinion after a lot of Perazzi experience.

19. jbshep

jbshep Member

20. jbshep

jbshep Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.