1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Which Perazzi to buy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by guybo_4, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guybo_4

guybo_4 Member

I have been shooting a 682 Gold E and have the "itch" for a Perazzi for trap. I have read a lot about the various models, but would like input from all who are familiar with these fine guns. I want an adjustable comb and am interested in used. Although I don't shoot doubles now, I may decide to do so in the future. Which would you recommend?
  2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Active Member

MX-2000. Comes with adjustable rib and adjustable comb. Trigger
    assembly is removeable without tools. On average, they are
    available used for $5,600 to $6,200.00 Of the 15 gold medals
    won at the Olympics, 12 were won using Perazzi. Either MX-2000 or MX-8.
  3. bigben

bigben Member

Guybo, try looking at and shooting a mx-10, th mx-8 would be too flat for many shooters, I would suggest try before you buy, go for adjustable comb, rib and drop out triggers, all p-guns are fine shooting, some kick like a mule, others not, this gun must satisfy only you, all the best incinerate em!
  4. Avaldes

Avaldes Active Member

Do you like blondes, brunettes or red-heads? That is a silly answer, but they have enough models and options to pick out the exact gun you want. But you should have an idea of what "right" feels like to you.

Are you looking for a topsingle, unsingle, OU or a combo? Do you like the flat rib, medium rib or tall rib? 32 or 34" single? 30 or 32" OU? Is your 682 stock or do you have barrel/stock weights attached? Is it a fixed rib or adjustable rib that you have or are looking for? All questions that need answered before there is a "best" gun for you.
  5. deadeye45

deadeye45 Member

6. bkt514

bkt514 Member

I like my MX-15 with a 34" barrel, lite full briley thin walled choke tube. For doubles, Dan at Giacomo's Sporting fitted a nice 31.5" MX-8 barrel set to the MX-15 frame. Works very well........bkt
  7. guybo_4

guybo_4 Member

Thanks for all the input. Looks like MX8/2000 configuration or MX15. Knew I could count on you guys for great assistance!
  8. plaw

plaw Member

You might check with dawsons, they had some very nice used p-guns @ the grand.
  9. jbshep

jbshep TS Member

For trap you can't beat an old TMX or even TM1, prices are reasonable. keep your Beretta for doubles. Brad
  10. Ahab

Ahab Active Member

jbshep is correct!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.