1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which one is best quality auto

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ColBuckShot, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

Which brand makes the best quality semi-auto

Looking for what is considered the best quality auto, Beretta, Browning, Rem? If you have knowledge from experiance I'd appriciate your comments.

2. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

My vote...Remington, but someone is sure to disagree. Best Regards, Ed

3. ColBuckShot

ColBuckShot TS Member

Im always looking forward to hearing from the Big Tuna

4. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i have an 1100 and a 391 too. my 391 is an ncp modified one which i prefer over the 1100. less recoil and more reliable. however if not for all the ncp mods maybe the recoil would be the same. thats my opinion many will go the other way.jackmitch

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Quality doesn't matter, none of them belong in trap. For the other shooting sports, take your pick.

6. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Hey Jackmitch....

You said " however if not for all the ncp mods maybe the recoil would be the same"

What Mods????

Specifically other than wood?

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Quality is subjective. If you mean better machining and usually better wood, then the Beretta.<br>
    <br>
    I prefer the Rem 1187/1100. I think the Beretta is overrated for its price.<br>
    <br>
    But since this is quite subjective, I would advise you to try shooting an 1100/1187 trap gun compared to a Beretta trap gun and see which fits you better, which has lower felt recoil, and go from there.

8. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

I have all 3 and I would go with the remington first.391 second.PJ

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like the Remington 1100. The broken parts fall out the of the bottom of the gun and it still keeps working. HMB

10. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I have a 391 Trap and a 1100 Sporting Clays. I like both guns equally but shoot the 391 better for trap. My oldest son Mark shot it for the first time this last Sunday and I may be loosing the 391 soon. That means I may have to buy another 391 and give it to Tron to trick it out and enjoy the competition with my boys. My youngest Brandon shoots a 390 that Tron modified.

The closer he put on my 391 makes it so easy to close than that button and looks good to.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=BoltCloser.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

11. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

lenghtened forcing cones for one. ncp does more than just pretty wood.however the wood is much heavier than the standard wood which helps soften recoil. mine is the optima barrel also. i had another 391 before this one and had to add weight to the gun to make it feel like i had a gun in my hands. no weights added to the ncp.i weighed it when it was new and if memory serves me it weighed 9lbs and 8ozs.jackmitch.

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

For trap, you can't go wrong with either. Try them both and pick the one that fits you best.

13. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

i forgot to mention it is much prettier than the 1100 too. i'm not the best shooter in the world but i like to have a good looking gun at my shoulder.
    and who ever said they don't belong in trap this is the 21st century and autos are here to stay. when i bought my first auto my father-in-law said he would never shoot with me. he had quit 20 years prior. when i told him i had a shell catcher he said he guessed it was ok. so are you about 80 or so and been out of shooting long enough that you didn't know they make shell catchers.jackmitch

14. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I am waiting for the Beretta Super Duper Optima 3000......391. It will finally be able to hold a candle to a SX-1. Soft recoil and cheap get the Remington 1100. If you want durability get a Winchester SX-1. If you like recoil get a Beretta as they all kick including the NCP Products 391 that I just sold to a guy. They all have good points about them but overall it comes down to what you like. Remington 1100's are cheap and the parts are cheap. Beretta seem to be reliable although I have no trouble keeping an 1100 running and Beretta's are not without faults. Bolt ears breaking, hammer struts breaking, links breaking, ribs that will not stay on the guns ETC ETC.. They all have weak and strong points. Jeff

15. BustClays

BustClays Member

Best quality auto is HONDA, no question..

bustclays

16. Loyac

Loyac Member

I thought it was the URIKA 2... Best auto = BERETTA 390. John

17. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

I own two Beretta A303´s and Beretta Urika, I have owned Browning´s and Remington´s (1100 and 11-87) and I can honestly say that no semi auto can replace my Beretta A303´s, the 391 is actually a back up gun.

Berettaman7

18. HDLLLIII

HDLLLIII Member

First you will have to define quality. IF you mean which brand of autoloading shotgun will function flawlessly in every condition, never fail to feed,is easily disassembled, will function/cycle as new regardless of temp and is filthy dirty...hands down Benelli. The Benelli is the glock of shotguns. They just work. However there is not a Benelli made that is worth a hoot as a trap gun. For the price of a new autoloader, look instead at used break open guns. My 2 cents...Larry

19. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Quality wise it would have to be the Benelli....saw a test of the M4 on Guns&Ammo tv where they tried to blow it up with a 12-20 barrel obstruction....twice they pulled the trigger on a 12 gauge cartridge with a live 20 lodged ahead...They couldn't blow it up!!!and it still functioned perfectly with no damage at all.. guarantee no other auto would have escaped unscathed

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I wouldn't compare the Benelli to a Glock.<br>
    <br>
    Glocks are notorious for blowups when shooting reloads (resized cases) or lead bullets, suffer from frame cracking, and other problems. The factory has had a series of "upgrades", which is their buzzword for addressing numerous problems.<br>
    <br>
    For reliability, the Benelli is far superior to the Glock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.