1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Model Citori is This?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JLSIMON, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

MGM,

I believe what you have is a Citori "Sporting". It was supposed to be a multipurpose shotgun for both field and clays. Other than that, it's just a standard Citori. I know of one gentleman in particular who started shooting trap with it for everything and now uses it for doubles only. Both of his barrels shoot 90/10 (Which is kind of different.) and he is absolutely deadly with it. I've seen them in 26" and 28". Not sure if there was a 30".

Jim

2. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Sir,
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the Browning you have was called the Citori "Sporting Hunter". It was kind of a "crossover" shotgun that was supposed to cover field hunting AND some of the clay target sports. Basically the same as other Citori's inside but came with a high rib and was chambered for 3 inch. They only made them a few years before they closed them out. Nice guns....a field gun with a little "Sizzle" !!!.....Hope this helps out....Uncle Sam, Pa.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

At the time I chose the GTI because it had the straightest stock.

There were 2 high rib sportie models, one with a round knob and one with flat.

Sporties was just coming into vogue and Browning wasn't sure which base to cover.

Next offering was the 325 when they had a clearer vision of where to go.

HM

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The best part of a sporting hunter is the lack of porting! I used to have a 30" sporting hunter and wish that I had never sold it.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

which model citori do i have