1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which model bt-99 shoots highest RR or RP serial #

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoke-um, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Browning made one model that shoots alot higher than others i've been told RR model and RP model any Browning experts out there?

2. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

I have an RP serial gun thats a high shooter. Am planning on adding a rib to get into an adjustable range. Its not my primary shooter.

3. TD1958

TD1958 Member

I also have a RP mod. that shoots high.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have A high shooter too. But I think the answer is that the RR model was the departure form flat shooting guns in 77. Adn then it took browning a couple more years to adjust it back down again. But RR is you answer. And I think RP is a 79 but I'll check on that an dedit this.

5. VAMiket

VAMiket Member

I have an RR I am going to sell, 34", adjustable comb and butt plate by Country Gentelman, Spears release and Warwick case. Bluing is very good to excellent with a few dings in the wood from handling. $1200 + shipping.

6. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

RR's shoot higher. You can check the Browning website to verify the dates for these guns. Keep in mind that RS were made before RR's, RR's made before RP's. My BT-99 is a RN and it shoots 60/40. My gun was purchased new in 1979. It also matters whether it's a Monte Carlo stock or regular straight stock. Mine is a straight stock. Hope my 2 cents helps. Darrell

7. smoke-um

smoke-um Active Member

Sky Dog you have a message.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.