1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Military Service is Best?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by fssberson, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Here's an old joke and it is still relevant today. Four service men were arguing in heaven about which branch of the military was the best... Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines. Well, they got so loud that St. Peter had to intervene and he told the men that he would consult with God. A few days later, St. Peter comes back with a written letter from God: It read, "Gentlemen, I have been watching and here's what I think. All branches of the United States armed forces are truly honorable, courageous, well trained and capable. Therefor, there is no superior service." Sincerely, God. USMC [Ret.] Semper Fi! Fred

2. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

the United States Marine Corps is a dept. of the navy.
    the woman's dept.
    Pete
    USN 81 to 85.

3. docjonsn

docjonsn TS Member

I am a pale pasty face glow in the dark bubble head snipe.
    I am also a plank owner ,a shellback, a bluenose and a member of the order of the rock.
    I have been to places most people could not find on a map.(34 country's)
    I have even been to places that we were never there.
    to have a sea going bellhop call me a boot I don't think so.
    Pete
    Go NAVY

4. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Pete-it's Navy, but it's good to know the U.S. Marines are right behind you.

5. Hollywood Marine

Hollywood Marine TS Member

Hey Guys, last time I looked, The Stars and Stripes flew over the Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Marines. All the uniformed services are vital to the survival of our nation. No one service can do the job alone. I am a Marine, who is proud to have served beside Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Coast Guardsmen. So, what's all the ruckus about, anyway?
    Doug

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hollywood, I am pretty sure they are joshing each other. Everyone of us Marines feel we were the best branch but in reallity we were all there to serve our country. We all bled the same color

Lou M, Proud former Marine, Semper Fi

7. oz

oz Active Member

YOU (THEY) ARE ALL THE BEST. THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO. OZ

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

With the repeal of the DADT the following question has new meaning: "What do you get when a ship with 5000 sailors leaves port?" Answer,"2500 couples on return". Thanks guys but I'll keep the Navy guys in front of me, espically in the shower. Jake USAR Ret. :)

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

The Marines only go where the Navy takes em. LOL

10. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

When I went in I was all set to join the Marines, but when I went to the AFEES Station, no matter how hard I tried I could not pass the physical, I gave it my all, but couldnt get my head in that jar!

In all honesty when I got to MP School at Ft McClellan Al I found out half of my Platoon would be Marines. They were no better, or worse, than we were.

11. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Having been involved in a few bar fights with Marines on Virgina Beach when I was in the Army, I can say that Marines are all right. However the Navy shore patrol and their big gray vans and nightsticks are the pits.

Ed Ward

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Doug/hollywood marine. I fee slighted. You left the Air Force out of the equation. LOL Jackie B. USAF Ret.

13. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

It's all of us guys. Can I get an "Amen"?

Jon Reitz

14. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Well, the politicians seem to think pretty highly of the Marine Corps.

From Eleanor Roosevelt in 1945: "The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"

And, from President Ronald Reagan: "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem!"

And a few generals had commented:

"Were surrouned! That simplifies the problem!" Some place in the Pacific, Gen. Chesty Puller, USMC

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine with his rifle!" General John J. [Black Jack] Pershing, U. S. Army, WWI.

15. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I'm an AF vet. Say what you like but here's one undeniable fact....the Army sleeps in the dirt :)

16. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I thought the last stanza of the Marine's Hymn went like this.
    "When the Army and the Navy gets to heavens scene's, They will
    find their wife's are all shacked-up with United State's Marines!"

Your right! The Marines are a department of the Navy. We call it,
    "the Men's Department"

Semper Fi Devil Dogs!

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

OMGB, how true, I joined the Army because I figured I could walk farther than I could swim, I had a fear of flying and the Marines wouldn't take me because I had two parents.

All joking aside, I hold in high regard ALL who can be called Veteran, for it is all of us, past, present and future that maintain the Freedoms that others enjoy. Not the media, not the press, not the Libs. Merry Christmas to all. Jake 1SG USAR Ret. As a note: You can shell um from the air and sea, but nothing is won untill boots own the dirt.

18. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

Without the NAVY--Everything is at a standstill---I love them all tho---
    Go USA---MYSTIC---

19. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

My humble opinion is: I don't believe there is a "best branch" other than in the eyes and minds of the individual branch members. They are all top notch period! Sure the Marines, Seals, Special Forces get some mighty tall ground assignments. Our Air Corps get some nasty high altitude assignments. Navy, remember the Indianapolis? The point is, they are all at sometime cast in harms way. God Bless them, many have given all but they usually come out on top. All got heart and are heros in my book. Army,Navy,Marines,Air Force, Coast Guard, National Guard, and all other Reserves. When called on they get it done, if not gagged and bound by diplomatic BS.

20. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

This old sailor is very proud that the Marines are a department. My brothers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.