1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which mesh shell bag?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Big Hat, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Hat

Big Hat TS Member

I lost my mesh shell bag or the wife wife threw it out. It was looking nasty. Can you recommend a durable and user friendly replacement? It needs to hold a hundred spent hulls.

Thanks, Jerry

2. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are too cheap. Use a plastic grocery bag.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Shamrock Leather. $35.00. I have one and its great. The hulls don't stick to the netting and after I got my bag two other people at the club bought them.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

What Autioneer said....Shamrock. They make the best available IMO. If you have an older shell box holder with "D" rings on it, they have an adapter that will work with that and the shell bag also. It puts the mesh bag down a little ways from your hip to a comfortable "reach" spot for depositing empties. Bought mine at the Cardinal Classic this past year.

PS: it'll hold 150 hulls.

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Shamrock hull bag. I got one of the very first ones they made. I absolutely love it. As said above, it will hold 100 hulls or more. They have several models including the one like mine with soft leather backing so the hulls don't scratch your legs while wearing shorts in the summer time(a problem when you are short like me). They are a family owned and operated buisness and 100% USA Handmade products.

Front.....

[​IMG]

Back......

[​IMG]

6. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I just got two new Shamrock hull bags in this past week and they are awesome. A very high quality product for the money, go with Shamrock!

7. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

I have one I bought from Donna Battenfield that I like better. The hinge on each side is covered with leather and won't scratch the stock. They also use a mesh material that the hulls does not stick to. Notice the two in the pictures have exposed hinges.

8. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I use one that Beretta makes just because it has a zipper on the bottom....I like it

http://www.berettausa.com/products/gold-cup-competition-hull-pouch-7x134-inch/

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I bought Wild Hare from Doris Shyda. It has a stout belt clip and a zipper on the bottom. It holds a 100 empties very nicely and was reasonably priced. Um, if you hear a funny clinking sound and feel stuff hitting your shoes, it's the "you forgot to zip the damned thing back up" built in warning system..grin

best...mike

10. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Mike,

That's how mine works too, followed by a sometimes audible, "Oh shit"..

Jon Reitz

11. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

I paid $11 for my browning bag, zipper in the bottom. Works well, although on occasion I leave a trail of hulls back to the previous station when I forget to zip it.

I really like the zipper/opening on the bottom. That is going to be a must have feature on my next hull bag.

Regards,

Chip

12. Big Hat

Big Hat TS Member

Thank you for the great feedback. It is truly heartening to find well crafted American made products at the top of the recommended list.
    Jerry

13. johnboy

johnboy Member

I cannot remember the name of the fellow who made the mesh shell bag but he is well know for quality and it is referred to as the double pop, meaning it opens and closes at both ends by a flat spring action. Do not leave this bag at the club as you will probably not see it again. I now have my name on my second bag!

14. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

This is my fave. I've had many. I like this one because the pouch hangs out beyond the box holder and empty drops are simple and new shells are just an inch away. It had a BuckMark logo on it originally and I took that off and got these Perazzi patches made. This unit is under $20 everywhere.
    [​IMG]

15. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Battenfield works great for me.

Nordic Roman clip on bag. Leather top with heavy knit bag. Spring steel pop open top covered with leather and covered pins to keep from scratching your gun. Bottom has a spring steel pop open to allow dumping shells without removing from your belt. Available in black or brown.
    Item number 1872 $30.00

16. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Lonsome Charlies made a complimenting leather hamper for my bison rig... reasonably priced and USA made!

Jay

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I was waiting for someone to mention Lonesome Charlie. They are simply great and they stand behind their products. I went to their stall at the Grand and wanted to by a replacement for a bag I bought years earlier. Instead, they repaired by old bag to be like new - No Charge!

18. NintyT

NintyT Member

As Johnny said, get one that has the hinges at each side of the bag covered. I thought someone had scratched my gun for me, till I noticed the sound of my receiver hitting the hinge of the bag as I walked. Arrrrggghhh!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
clasped meshed shell holder hull bag top and bottom
empty hull pouch

mesh hull bag

mesh hull bags
mesh shellbag
perazzi shell box holder
shamrock shooting pouch mesh
spent hull bag