1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which lense color for...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by John55, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John55

John55 Active Member

My local club is thinking about changing from orange targets to a fluorescent green. If they do this it will be for night as well as daytime events. What color of lenses work the best for this color? I currently use the purple for daylight and a light orange for night birds and doubt these will do much on the green.

2. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

What does your light orange do for the green grass and trees? I doubt you'll have a concern.

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Yellows at night should still perform well, and Randolph came out with their blue lens for green targets...

Jay

4. earlybird

earlybird TS Member

Post4 touts their "kiwi" for green targets

5. John55

John55 Active Member

We tried them yesterday, both in daylight and under the lights. My target orange lenses seemed to do fine with them, as did the purple lenses my friend used. It was somewhat cloudy but that lime green really glowed! I'll be interested to see how they look in bright sunlight, hopefully not too bright!

6. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Randolf offers blue lens for green targets.

7. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Post 4 Optics Kiwi lens. Nobody can touch'em........far and away the best for green targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.