1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which kick-ezz helps with mount?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zzt, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I use the Modified Trap pad for ATA trap. I find it gives enough feedback to allow a consistent mount, and gives me some down pitch without requiring a wedge spacer. If you can live with the thickness, the 1 1/8" thick pad (nominal) give better performance than the 15/16" pad.

If you don't require the extra down pitch, use the standard trap pad with the blast finish.

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I have used several different pads over the years; Pachmayer, Gooey, Trap Dude, and Kick-eez. The one I have found that will do just what you want is the Kick-eez Model 400 modified trap pad. It tells you if you have the gun mounted correctly every time. It is also very comfortable to shoot....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I prefer the sporting model myself. I have them on all my shotguns so they have a filiar feel to them.

ec90t

4. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I also use a "modified trap" pad but I also employ a technique used by British shooters. I have carefully ground the pad so that it has a slight "knob" on its left heel (bottom) portion that fits into an area of my shoulder between my rib cage and my shoulder socket and about 4" below my collar bone. If my mount is correct, I can't feel the knob. If my mount is high, low, left or right I will feel the pressure from the knob and can remount the gun to put it in the correct place. I don't wear a vest because even the thinnest padding makes it hard for me to feel that the pad is correctly positioned.

Morgan

5. Opion8ted

Opion8ted TS Member

Gooey .....

6. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

chatbrat,

I'd like to help you with pictures but I don't have a camera that downloads to the internet. It's not really that noticable a thing anyway. I read about the British version as being something that produced a noticeable pressure in a specific spot when the gun was properly mounted. Not being one to volunteer readily for things that might hurt me, I was trying to shape the pressure points out of a pad and I got one I was really happy with. I put it onto the gun to shoot a round and noticed that when I mounted the gun too low (which I sometimes do when I get tired), the heel of the pad was digging me in the chest. When I mounted it too high, it pressed on my collar bone. I had inadvertently left a slightly raised knob that just happened to fit into a fleshy area in my shoulder and didn't produce any pressure when it was there. So if I feel pressure in a specific spot when I shoulder the gun, I know something's wrong and I do it over again.

Morgan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.