1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is better?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by reflex hunter, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reflex hunter

reflex hunter TS Member

I have been lookin at a Berreta xtrema 2 and a benelli super black eagle 2 and i was wonderin which one was better if either was

thx for the help

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I'm on my 3rd Benelli. Had 2 SBE's and now I have an M2, which is their 3" gun.

Both previous SBE's kicked the daylights out of me, but they were dependable on my hunts to Arkansas in January. Twice, I was the only guy in the blind w/ an operating automatic. 2 degrees, wet dog shakes off, you know how guns ice up?

The SBE's kept going. I went to the M2 because I don't shoot many 3.5" shells anymore (shoot bismuth or matrix), and the new stock does really eliminate's recoil quite a bit. It will also cycle dove and skeet loads. SBE's won't cycle light loads, so it's hard to practice and play around much. Their triggers usually suck. Maclellan is right, their light, and hard to keep swinging.

But... I also own a 3.5" Extrema. It is the softest shooting "big gun" I've ever owned, easy to clean (like the Benelli), cycles everything, and you get that Beretta "feel". I've not had to use it in 2 degree weather, so I don't know about it's cold weather operation. On a Canada snow goose hunt, it failed to function after tons of steel shot loads in 70 degree heat. I loosened it up w/ Deet spray and kept on going. No harm done.

My choice....Extrema. Don't rule out the Winch. Sup X 2. Good gun as well, but lacks the adjustment for stock drop and cast.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If my Extrema had a wood stock, I would have Dave Berlett convert it to an adjustible comb. It doesn't quite shoot high enough, and I have the stock as high as it will go. I shoot sporting clays and skeet w/ mine as well.

The action is a bit more complicated than the Benelli, but still easy to clean.

Full choke is a dynamite turkey constriction.

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Extrema hands down. Now that Beretta has gotten the trigger right on this gun, it's one of the best waterfowl guns made.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

The Benelli super black eagle kicks worse than my Browning Gold 10 Ga auto mag. That's a fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.