1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is better KX-5 or Kolar TS?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by butcher, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butcher

butcher Member

Which gun is better? The KX-5 or Kolar TS? Also, does the Kolar TS come with a high rib if desired?

2. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

I have both, and they are worlds apart.

The Kolar is much heavier and softer shooting. It has a much higher rib. It also has a much higher sticker price.

The KX5 is lighter, faster, and cheaper.

I use one for singles and the other for handicap.

If I could only keep one, it would be the Kolar. For sure.

Shoot both before you buy.

3. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

both are great guns. If I was choosing between the two I would probably choose the kolar. reasons why #1. the Kolar doesnt seem to have as much felt recoil #2. If you have the time you can have the kolar fitted to you by the gun maker.#3. I think the kolar has more factory options.

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Better in what respect?!

Both guns represent excellent engineering in firearms design. The Kolar is heavier, has a bolder frame, therefore felt recoil is somewhat lessened by the mass of the gun itself all loads being equal. The Krieghoff is lighter, more streamlined and svelt-looking in appearance.

US v. German - is that an issue for you?

In my personal experience, having had access to both and seeing buddies shoot with theirs, I suppose I should mentioned that Kolars T/Ss, incurred some minor repair issues all easily resolved but they were inconvenient nuisances, whereas the Krieghoffs have had none - but to be fair, those are not enough for me to smack the T/S.

Try both guns and see what you're drawn to - and forget the dough factor. When its right, its right and that is priceless.

Jay

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There's only one answer to this question; absolutely, the best choice for you is the one that, when test driven, performs better than the other one....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.