1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which gun?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hello everyone. I dont know if I will buying a gun yet, but i just might. So im deciding between four different guns. The browning xt unsingle combo, beretta 687 unsingle combo, beretta 682 unsingle combo, and the ceasar guerrini summit un single combo. I know the guerrini is more expensive but I will be willing to pay if necessary. So i was wondering which of these guns that shooters out there have tried and liked. Iv tried them all except for the xt. I know people will say get the gun that fits, thats not what im looking for. Just some opinions thats all. Thanks to all who repsond in advance.

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I would go with the Guerini for several reasons. Lifetime guarantee and oil finish.

The oil finish makes it easy to work with if you need to do any stock surgery in order to make it fit.

Joe Goldberg

3. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

xt sporting clays kicks harder than a mule--dont know about the trap model but that sporter is a killer and i usually dont have recoil issues

4. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You have a good list to choose from. If you can, try shooting a 682 and the Guerini and choose between them based on your own feel of the guns. I'm a 682 guy so there is a bias there for me.

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

T-99, I think it is hard to beat the price and all around value of the XT unsingle combo. I had an XT 32" over under only, with browning's factory adjustable comb. It was the most unpleasant gun I ever shot, it kicked hard and was point heavy.

However a good friend of mine bought the XT unsingle combo from Gunsunlimited of Omaha 34/32 configuration with the Monte Carlo stock. I tried it and I was amazed that it did not kick, did not feel point heavy and it was a real pleasure to shoot.

I don't know if browning improved these guns since I had bought mine which was at least 3 years older than his, or if was just the fit of the monte carlo stock compared to their adjustable comb model. Just something to think about and try for yourself on the XT's if you happen to be leaning that way.

I like the 682 gold E combo also.

If your leaning toward the 687 or Guerini, I would save up some more and buy a Krieghoff combo, and have the ability to buy other barrels and shoot subgages and different disciplines.

Good luck with your decision, John Ertel

7. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I bought a NIB xt unsingle combo 14 mo ago. When I first got the gun, It was eating up my cheek. By putting on a bump buster, and lowering the adjustable pad, It really tamed down. I now notice little recoil even with extra heavy wolfchase loads. Try a few adjustments on the gun to fit it better to you. I am a firm beleiver in Rollins Book. Fit is every thing and if it is punishing you there must be something in the fit that is off kilter
    just my .02$.

Bob

8. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I have seen several Beretta 687's that are not properly regulated - all barrels don't shoot to the same POI. Pattern it first!

9. rdf59

rdf59 Member

I've lost my faith in Beretta's having owned and just sold 2 (682 and 687) that had poorly regulated barrels. The POI was off on one barrel in each of them fairly badly.

I have since acquired 2 Guerini's and both are right on a very soft shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.