1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which gun????????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jerry chipman, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry chipman

jerry chipman Member

I know if the gun fits it's the one to buy, but if you're also looking at it from a resale point of view which of these guns would hold their value. Perazzi MX-15, Kolar T/S, Kolar Unsingle, Alfermann or Seitz. I was looking at Caesar Guerini but this gun doesn't seem to be proven yet but the price is good for a new one. I've pretty much given up on buying new guns, their like buying a new car.

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

A very good shooter at our club has a CG and had release triggers put into it.

He had it crap out at a major shoot - he had less than 2000 rounds through it. Yep - unproven. It may have been a lemon - time will tell if they stand up.

I doubt the difference in resale value will be enough to justify one top gun over another. It is so much more important that YOU KNOW you have the right gun for YOU. If you have any doubt - it will screw with your mind and you will drop targets.

Don

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Gun fit is only half the battle. You also need a gun that breaks the targets when you pull the trigger, no matter where it is pointed. HMB

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

guns are like anything at resale, ass for every seat, whats hot whats not, and the gottahavit gun at the time. most good guns high end or not seem to retain there value on the higher side. Thats just what I noticed.

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

None of them will "hold their value" if you buy them new. The only way to buy guns for value is to have some knowledge and keep your eyes open and buy a good used one right. Look at the blue book for used gun values. Few dealers will pay more than that. Buying a new gun is like buying a new car. You will lose about 25% or more of the value driving it off the lot. Jake

6. J.D. Squire

J.D. Squire Member

If you want a gun that will maintain there value and the company will back there product a 100%, then call Bruce Bowen. A new gun of his, standard rib, will start at 16,500, a used one will start at 14,000 - 13,500. He stands behind his product all the way, and it WILL last a lifetime, and maintain there value! He uses the finest quality steal to make his guns then coats it for extra durability. He has the fastest triggers, and he will set the gun up just how you like it. In my opinion it is the most responsive gun out there. I used to shoot a Perazzi MX15, and then switched to a Bowen, Perazzi's get sloppy when they get shot a lot, and are prone to break springs. The Alferman is alright, I tried one out at a shoot, and it was alright. If you want to have a good gun that all you have to worry about is breakin targets then think about the Bowen seriously!

J.D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.