Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Which gun to get

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  missemucho 
#1 ·
Good evening,
I am planning on buying a trap gun for my Grandson ( 15 ) next month. He wants a Remington 1100. Remington currently has 3 1100's. There is a
Model 1100™ Competition Synthetic, Model 1100™ Classic Trap, and a
Model 1100™ Competition. I am leaning towards the Competition and adding an adjustable comb. If anyone has first hand information as to which would be best, please let me know. He will be shooting mostly singles and handicap. He only shoots 500 double each year. Thank you for your help. Tom

#3 ·
Tom, If I was in your shoes, I might be looking for a used older 1100/1187 and maybe find one with a adj. comb or a Jack West stock on it already. Jack West has injection molded stocks for both the auto's and 870. With palm swell, jr sizes, the works. You should talk to him on info about the older/vs newer models and any other info you can think of. (541)454-2805 or wwwjackweststocks.com on his website. Hope this helps you out. Break-em all. Jeff

#4 ·
Listen to Jeff; I've shot newer, middleaged and old 1100's and I think the best guns were made in the 80's. If you add an adjustable butt plate and comb to almost any 1100 you'll have a great trap gun. I lucked into a mid 80's gun with a step rib full choke that I got cheap because the turkey hunters all wanted a 3" chamber!
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.