1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which gun to buy?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tulls, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tulls

Tulls TS Member

I have been shooting trap for about a year and I am in the process of shopping around the web looking at the many types and brands of guns. I have been looking at the Browning XT, Browning Gold Evolve, the Beretta 391 Teknys Gold Trap as well as others. I plan to shoot mostly trap but skeet is a lot of fun and I plan to shoot some 5 stand and sporting clays. I have shot an XT, BT99 and a Beretta 391. I would appreciate any opinions on these guns or recommendations on which gun would be a good buy for starting out in this sport.

2. spritc

spritc Active Member

I don't think you can beat an XT for the money.

Steve

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Looks like you have a pretty good short list there. Can't go wrong with either the XT or the 391. I have a trap model 391 with a 32" barrel that has proven to be extremely reliable and versatile. Although I originally bought the 391 for target games, I use it quite a bit in the field these days. I don't think there is a better gun for pheasants and chukar. So I'm a 391 fan but it isn't the only gun out there. I mostly shoot 682 Beretta combos for trap and anything from a M42 Winchester to a M1100 Remington for skeet (why neglect any of them?).

Go with your gut instict here if it is a toss up between the XT and the 391. Either one will give you great service and will hold their value well.

4. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I have a Remington 1100 Trap in 12ga and a 1100 in 20 ga for skeet they work well for sporting clays too. Might consider the gun I've had mine since the 70's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning gold evolve vs beretta 391