1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which gun for doubles?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

Next time you are at your gun club, mention that you are looking for a doubles gun. Soon, many will appear. Get the one you shoot the best. I have bought, sold and traded many trap guns at gun clubs.

Pat Ireland

2. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

Shoot the NCP............

Ric C.

3. dshot

dshot Member

I think Ric C. has the answer.

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Depending what you need to see for a sight picture on doubles will determine what you need. I like a 70/30 impact on the first shot, and 50/50 on the second. Few will do that out of the box unless you have an adjustible rib, or a K-80 type gun with adjustible hangers.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Test drive as many as possible - one will stand out.....Bob dodd

6. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

this is so personal that I can't imagine ever deciding without driving, but if you decide you want a gun that does what SETTERMAN mentioned, you might consider one of the Etchen's trap combo specials.....mine right out of the box shoots about 70-30 for the first barrel, then 50-50 on the second, you just have to get used to the idea that you shoot the top barrel first.
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.