1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

which gun for 27yd hdcp

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by james25889, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james25889

james25889 Member

in 2 weeks im going to try to shoot hdcp again i havent shot hdcp in about 12 years i am a 24 yd shooter and didnt shoot it well. i was 22.5 and got a 2 yd punch never done well after that. i will be penilized 3yd for not enough targets putting me on the 27 my question is should i shoot my 1100 which i shoot singles with quite well or should i shoot my krieghoff handicap gun which i havent shot in 12 yrs. 1100 is 30 inch full fixed krieghoff is 34 inch top single full fixed. i just hope my squad dosent get pissed at me for missing a bunch of targets

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

really if they "get pissed" cause you miss, they most likly are shooting penalty also and looking for a reason for their own misses.

3. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I'll shoot with you, we can miss em together. Shoot the 1100, high $ guns like the Krieghoff arent supposed to miss.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I have a Perrazi TMI I'd like to sell...34 inch, full choke, unmolested barrel. Needs a trigger sear. Nice gun, original finish. Has included a release hook that has been taken out.

Hard to find "unmolested" TMI's, that is the barrel. Original bluing, nice patina come to think of it. If interested...well, you know the drill.

Thanks,

David

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

You cannot be penalized to the 27 yardline, you have to earn it ... You can request to be placed back to the 25 yardline so you can shoot with friends or because you think you shoot better from back there ... This applies unless its a club shoot or unregistered and then anything can happen and usually does ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Which gun? I'd use the one you're completely familiar with and have been breaking targets with. There are many 1100s seen from up close to the 27 yard line and I can guarantee you'll feel more comfortable with what you have been using than one you haven't shot in 12 years....breakemall....Bob Dodd

7. Snookassassin

Snookassassin Member

Go get yourself whatever Mr. Patrick Lamont shoots!

Snookassassin, Clif Adams

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

WPT- I can't find anything in the rule book that prevents a club from penalizing someone to the 27 if it is in the program. Can you point out where I might find such a rule?

Pat Ireland

9. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

It sure looks like WPT lost his rulebook.

10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I resemble this story. I was on a thread earlier this summer and posters were talking about 34" barrels on an 1100 (D H no HOF thread?) A few weeks later when a 34" barrel was posted for sale I bought it for an 1100 that was just sitting around. After some getting used to, (previously shooting a Moneymaker 28" high rib) I have made a number of adjustments and have been rewarded on the score sheet. I now use the 34" barrel on Singles, Caps, and yes even doubles. Stood on the concrete, the end of the barrel is almost above me chin and has been the subject of a number of bets. LOL The barrel first made an impact on my pondo shooting. At first everybody stated, Lucky shot! Now the 34" barrel is deadliest as 3rd shooter on Pondos, since I have all the time to plan my shot and range is NOT a problem. I am looking for a 34" barrel for a 390 series Beretta (for a backup gun ROFL). Your mileage may vary and the long barrels are not for everyone. I just happen to love mine. IMHO Omaha

11. james25889

james25889 Member

ill shoot the 1100 thanks gentelman for the advice

12. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Even at the Grand you can't be penalized to the 27 yd.line for not having enough targets-it's only to the 25 yd.line.However some programs may place this penalty in their shoot policy which is excessive and "dumb" as shooters will simply not shoot this program and when this happens the whole shoot and sport will suffer.I can remember a shoot in FL. where the trap chairman wanted shooters from the 24 yd. line to shoot from the 27 yd.line.Shooters wanted to shoot for "targets only" but no way would he allow it.So we took our cash and did not shoot the program.Again--tagets only and he still wanted shooters penalized.Go figure.Any way he didn't last very long.LOL.We are the paying customers--the shoots are for us.This includes shooting good fair targets too.Just thought I would pass this along. I hope it helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.