1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

which gun $$ and why

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 3357, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3357

3357 Member

SKB single barrel trap; $2,000 / Guerini single barrel trap $4,000
    Kolar TS single barrel trap $6,000 These are all great guns that will consistantly do the job if the shooter does his. They are all durable, well designed and easily repaired if needed. What, aside from asthetics would induce you to spend more if you shot each gun equally well? I am stuggling with this decision and need some guidance. I am not concerned with "status" and hope my ego stays checked in the parking lot when shooting. ps I am not trying to start any arguments. jess

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

'Whew'... a dilemma that you can only answer by picking up each one and shooting it. One will surely stand out...I'm betting the Kolar will be easiest to set up for you off the bat, but, I'm often wrong...

Jim

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I would get the most expensive one.....that way you can sell it to a buddy for a dollar right before your wife divorces you....if he is nice he will sell it back to you for a dollar after the divorce is final. My dad bought a bunch of guns like this at one time.

Forrest

4. smp005

smp005 Member

I shoot an SKB 85TSS combo, my son shoots an SKB 85TSS unsingle and my daughter will probably move from her 391 to an 85TSS trap combo this summer.

Why did I choose that gun? Economics... I wanted to provide good, reliable trap guns for all three of us. Ultimately, I want a Kolar Trap Combo or a K80 Trap combo - why?

Well, it's not because I think I will shoot it better and it's not because I want to impress anyone - it's because I enjoy fine firearms. But... until the day comes when I decide to make the leap, my SKB will keep smoking targets...

Scott Powell

5. nomderf

nomderf TS Member

Phase 1

AL-391 30" & AL-391 32" - 30" SOLD

Phase 2

KX-5 & Browning Special Trap O/U - Both guns SOLD

Phase 3

Kolar Combo - 1 year old May 14th - Happy Birthday

Buy what you really want not what you think you can afford. Putting it off will cost you in the long run!

38-01615

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

I contend that, dismissing balance and overall gun weight, poor fit is the number-one reason for trading guns. It has been my belief for many years following thirty years of fit problems.

Rollin

7. 3357

3357 Member

Thank you all for your input. I should have let you know I shot a circa 1957 mod 870 trap from 1975 thru 2000, then began shooting a 1975 model bt-99 which I am still shooting today. I seem to be stuck shooting a 91-92 singles average and a 89-90 handi-cap average and am contemplating a new gun to allow an exact fit to hopefully increase average. I have only been shooting registered targets since the fall of 2005 when I was invited to shoot the Michigan fall team shoot and at that point became hooked. Prior to that I was just shooting for myself and in an ocasional club league. I have been wondering if a gun that truley fit me would enhance my shooting or if I need to concentrate on the mental part of the game and stay with the bt-99. Thank you all again for your comments you have been very helpfull. jess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.