1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

which extended tubes for XT Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mooshkat, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

I recently bought an Browning XT, and so far havent heard any good about the invector-plus choke tubes. If a person wanted to buy some extented tubes, which ones would work best in my gun, and would it be worth the investment, i do shoot a good amount of trap. Thanks Dave

2. racer

racer TS Member

I shoot Midas extended tubes. Trap Full- two important things about XT tubes.... A-that there is one in there and B that it's full! :) Dan

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rhinos look real cool and perform OK.

HM

4. Salt

Salt Member

Browning Midas grade extended. Mod for singles,caps. Light mod and mod for doubles.
    Larry.

5. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I am a big fan of the Muller choke tubes. U3 from the 16 and U4 for handicap.

6. Rufus80

Rufus80 TS Member

Have you shot it with the factory tubes yet? I use the factory tubes in my XT and they work great. If your dead set on spending some cash most all the aftermarket suppliers make a good product.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Briley or TruLock.

If it matters to ya, Carlson extendeds have a 1.1" parallel section, Trulock uses 1" and Briley uses 3/4". My loads like the short parallel.

Keller

8. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I'd do what Rufus said. Pattern the factory ones first. FWIW Briley makes the Midas and Diana grade tubes for Browning. I've had good luck with Carlson's extended Sporting. JMO

Wayne

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I use Briley in mine and am quite satisfied. Jack

10. emmylou1

emmylou1 Active Member

In my 34 in. xt unsingle I use the diana grade IM.I like the way it protects
    the end of the muzzle and sight too.

11. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Everyone has their favorites. I think tubes are over rated. Did you try to put your gun on paper? Shooting at paper is another thing that COULD mess with your head a bit. I primirly shoot a bt-99 with tubes. Did the tube thing just because everyone else was shooting them, everything is fine with them. I also shoot a Citori Trap 32" with factory tubes, gun has basically the same p.o.i. and I shoot it with factory tubes. My Citori Sporting I shoot factory flush skeet tubes. If I miss a target it's not the tube.

12. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Browning Midas Grade chokes in both the XT and the BT99,shoot consistant mid to upper 90's on a regular basis. Woody Sullivan

13. open choke

open choke TS Member

I found the Midas to have more gaps in the pattern than Alfred from Mad magazines front teeth.

Carlson gives a nice pattern for browning barrels at a very reasonable price

14. eagleonePA

eagleonePA TS Member

MULLER chokes patern great. Are a little more money, but worth every penny.
    Good Luck and God Bless Bill Ivins

15. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

If you never take the time to shoot them on paper you are are just spending money and hoping for the best. When I first got serious about trap shooting, I shot Brownings. I had a BT-99 and an Ultra XT. What I found out by shooting different tubes and different loads at paper was there is indeed quite a BIG difference in POI and pattern sometimes. But My best tube for the BT99 was the factory invector plus improved modified that came with the gun. A Briley improved modified was my choice for the ultra XT.

16. FernieTrapGuy

FernieTrapGuy TS Member

Trulock, backed by good folks! XT Trap. Patterned great!

17. 100after9

100after9 TS Member

I used Briley in mine after I tried factories I think you will see great results

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I too love my Midas grades extended chokes. As said Briley makes them for Browning. break em all Jeff

19. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Well, i just ordered two mullers chokes, U3 and U4, people cant seem to say enough good things about them. Actually i ordered them Sunday, so i hope to have them for trap this week on thursday, and give them a try. Dave

20. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I used the factory tubes, as well as the Midas and Diana tubes in my XT. I could not detect any difference in performance.

I like extended tubes since I worry about my tubes coming loose, and the extended tubes are easier to check for tightness.

bluedsteel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best choke tubes for browning xt trap
best extended choke tubes browning xt trap
best invector plus choke tubes trap shooting
briley choke tubes for browning xt trap gun

browning xt extended choke tubes

browning xt trap extended choke tubes

choke tubes for citori ultra xt
muller choke tubes for browning xt