1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which color lens next for shooting glasses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mtimney, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtimney

mtimney TS Member

If you already had a rose (or vermilion) colored set of lenses for your glasses, which color would you go for next?

Consider that your shooting is typically against green trees and then against blue sky.

I'm thinking purple, but...???? I've also looked at bronze and that color is good too.

Your thoughts?

Mark T.

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Purple

3. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I'm red-green color difficient so Vermillion is the only color that helps. I have three different shades for different conditions.

Robert

4. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

Where I shoot has that background. I like Randolph Ranger orange and Decot light target orange.

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Purple

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Light gold for overcast is what I use. They brighten the day up and make the orange targets stand out.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Mark:

What can you borrow?!

Your eyes are unique to you... can you borrow a few pair of lenses from fellow shooters to watch targets against the background you plan to shoot against?

I could make an argument for both light and dark purples, CMT lenses as well as bronze in full sun... I had Wayne Morgan make me up his Hi-Contrast Brown Polarized lens...

See what you can borrow, in order to give your eyes a chance to tell you what works best for them...

Jay

8. DBSkeet

DBSkeet Member

Light Purple. Normal purple can be a little dark sometimes if trees are an issue.

9. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

............v-lite

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The best color lens for you is those you choose, not what anyone else may recommend. Everyone sees colors of varying shades differently so it's almost impossible for anyone to say this color is best for you? Same as merely looking and seeing with intensity isn't the same thing.

Hap

11. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Clear with anti-reflective coating. Good for overcast and under the lights. Regards, Ed

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Vermilion was always my favorite all around. Might have been superstitious results though. For the background described I think they are the best. Problem would be when the target would align with the scattered clouds in the sky of a mostly sunny day. The bright target, would seem to get lost in the bright cloud.

Purple for me seems to turn everything into a grey shade. The target still is orange, but it to is not as bright. Seemed to dull all colors.

Bronze seems to make everything HD. The colors are all more defined, and seems to be easy on the eyes. Therefore Bronze would be my pick.

As mentioned above, my eyes are going to be different then your eyes, so you have to experiment. Jon

13. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Bronze is a good all around color, and doesn't tire you eyes. Dark purple is
    very good for bright days and a backround of trees.

14. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I have to agree with the old goat. Tried all the colors and I now use clear anti reflective in all conditions. It seems like getting the most light is what's working the best for me. If the sun is in my eyes I put on a hat. Bill

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Hap......breakemall

16. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Hap said, "...looking and seeing with intensity isn't the same thing."

That's a great pointer and a huge point all novice shooters need to get. It took me quite a while and a lot of misses to fully grasp it.

-Gary

17. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

Percimion makes everything brighter and allows light in so you can see better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.