1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which chokes for bunker?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mflora, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mflora

mflora Member

Going down to Kerrville to try my hand at bunker trap. Should I take my doubles gun - 30" .20/.30 or my pigeon gun - 30" .25/.35. Both fixed chokes so nothing in between. Either or.
    Thanks
    Mark

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I'd be thinking the pigeon, either should work fine. When I tried it at Ben Avery my shooting ability really showed. NOT!!(LOL) Enjoy and have fun while we can, Bob

3. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Tight and tighter........lots of practice too. WARNING!!! It WILL become a new addiction.
    Rob G.

4. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Both of those chokes will work so take the gun with the flatter POI.

If the pigeon gun is a flat shooter then that would be my choice but the other gun will work just as well.

Just to confuse you further.........Target is typically taken at 35 yards on the 1st shot and if the 2nd shot is needed the target is taken around 50 yards - your mileage may vary but that is a good rule of thumb.

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My limited experience from the 70's in the other century is that most serous shooters preferred full and full. But I saw several skilled shooters doing a fair job with the typical Imp.mod/full.....Bob Dodd

6. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Go for the flat shooter. And get treatment for your new addiction. ;)

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

If using a screw choke gun, I like LF/F. IMOD/F will work. Don't scrimp on choke, you are basically using a 20 ga Magnum load in a 12 ga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.