1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Browning Choke Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikeo65, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeo65

mikeo65 TS Member

Just purchase a Browning XT Trap Combo, just wondering what Browning choke do you use?... Meaning do you use their Diamond Grade chokes, Midas Grade chokes or just use the flush chokes, or is there any real different... just curious?

Thanks,
    Mike O

2. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

Briley extended chokes!

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mike, I like the Midas Grade extened chokes. I got 5 with the 525 so I had a good head start with chokes. Briley makes all of Browning chokes, just so you know. Get the speed wrench as well. They both will serve you well. Break-em all. Jeff

4. racer

racer TS Member

I've used the same two midas chokes for about 7 yrs. They keep the end of your barrels from dinging up from setting on your foot between shots. (or when you miss your foot and ding it off the concrete!)Dan

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Don't know if the claim is valid, Browning claims the diamond grade chokes give improved patterns with their back bored barrels.

Robert

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

Midas,,,,made by Briley

Doug H.

7. mikeo65

mikeo65 TS Member

I didn't know that Briley made the chokes for Browning... that's good to know...

Thanks

8. wtjohnso

wtjohnso Member

Diana Extended in my XT O/U. Mainly because when I went to buy extended choke tubes, I found two hardly used Diana's for less than new standards in the choke that I wanted, (IM, F).

9. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Use the Browning extended chokes with the knurled section for easy on/off and the gold ring.

Think those are the Midas grade, but not sure.

Have three of each from "Cylinder" to "Extra-Full" for use in the Citori XT and the BT-99.

Not sure the Midas grade chokes are any better chokes than the plain chokes that came with the shotguns originally, but they're better looking and are easy to put on and take off by hand.

10. IMAGE-RANCH

IMAGE-RANCH Member

I feel extended hold a better pattern .! Just my 2 cents .. Good luck break'em all !!

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The unmodified IM and F fixed chokes that my Superposed came with...

12. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

Diana grade full for singles and first shot in doubled, Midas grade extra full for second shot in doubles and some handicap. Works for me. Woody

13. 525Shooter

525Shooter Member

Midas Grade chokes that came with my XT.

Angle Port extended chokes for my 525. They were on sale for $100. They work awesome.

14. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

in multiple guns...always Browning(Briley) extendeds of different styles...but always IM constriction except the first barrel of doubles ..that one is LM

15. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Briley Extended in Black Oxide. By the way, the Briley people are wonderful to deal with. Jack Farrow

16. RRA

RRA TS Member

I use Browning Diana chokes. They do look good and are easy to get in and out. I always get a kick out of guys that tell me to dump the Browning Chokes and get Briley. The packaging the Diana chokes come in say they are made by Briley.

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Actually theres some grain of truth to that ...early Invector Plus chokes through the 90's and early 2000's were not Briley manufactured...they were inconsistent and did not throw patterns the listed constriction would suggest...after lots of negative press did Browning finally turn over its choke making to Briley...smartest move they ever made...now if we could just get them to dump that turkey of a adjustable comb hardware setup and go to Graco or somebody elses ...or even going back to their own original style ..we'd be in hog heaven

18. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I shot a 2006 XT for a year.

It came with the "stock" Browning flush tubes M, IM, & F.

The IM Browning (Briley) hit targets the best of what came in the box.

I bought a Briley Flush LF and it was by far the best tube at both 16 & 25 yards with 7 1/2 light AA's.

19. War Wagon

War Wagon Member

King Leo told me Full choke as tight as you can get....made the 27 right after that

20. mikeo65

mikeo65 TS Member

Well, I've decided to purchase the Browning Diamond grades M, IM, & F...

Thanks for everyone's opinion...

Now I just need to find a gunfitter since Country Gentlemen is not going to be in San Antonio for the Grand in April...I heard a lot of good things about Ken Rucker on this site, think I might just check him out...

Mike O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

are browning midas gold extended chokes good

browning diana vs midas

does briley make diana grade choke