1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Which barrel set to use and why?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Just curious, for shooters with combos, do any of you shoot the OU barrel set for singles and doubles and then shoot the single barrel set for handicap????? – Also if shoot the OU for singles, which barrel?

2. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

I used the single barrel for singles and handicap. Actually, I am back to my 870. I break more targets with it.

Mike

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Please don't get into the trap of always switching barrels, guns, combos...and constantly questioning what's best. You will have to shoot any barrel/gun/POI combination for 2 seasons before you become a serious threat with it on any given day. Change any part of the equation, and you set your experience counter back to zero.

Use what works, and forget it. Forget the logic, theory, and everything else, decide which one works for you (based on a reasonable amount of intelligent observation) - and then - form a strong bond of FAMILIARITY with that piece of equipment, and stick with it through rain, wind, good and bad...and never change. The guy who's settled on what works and never changes it is better off.

When you finally get into that shootoff, it will hopefully be with the "other" type of guy, who's trying to get used to his new K-80 with the gorgeous wood that everybody's complimenting him on. Any other day he would beat you...but he just set his experience counter back to zero with a new gun, and hopefully (for you) just cheated himself out of a championship.

This advice took me 30 seconds and is worth exactly what you paid for it, maybe even less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.