1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

which 391 for trap & sporting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jm1079, Feb 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

you can change the stock and/or replace the step rib barrel with a flat rib sporting barrel to give you a different feel or fit. another model of the 391 is the sporting which has a flat rib and a different stock from the parallel trafet that you have. try shooting one of these sporting models and if it feels and fits better, you can convert your 391 by swapping out your barrel and stock for the sporting ones. FWIW. jm

2. cf4952

cf4952 Member

You might want to try changing the shims in the stock. Most of the trap models come with a 40/45 or 42.5 I think. Try a 55 or 60 before you spend a bunch of money.
    Worked well for a shooter at out club.
    Good luck

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

I use my 391 Trap for everything. Tron tuned it perfectly for me.

Jerbear

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I use my sporting for everything. Fits my odd shape better. The shims aren't the answer for raising the comb. When you change the shims you change the angle of the stock, so the butt is higher or lower, the angle of slope changes, and the pitch changes. It the stock fits but you want it higher or lower, you need an adjustable comb. Tron does those, I believe.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They are cheap enough to have one set up for each sport,
    then you have spare parts or a backup gun.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I would never pay the extra for a Teknys. The ribs have a tendency to pop off along with the blue side plates on the stock grip and the mid beads vanish. I think of these guns as tools and they are great shooters...but never collectors items. They are all mechanically identical and the parts all interchange, so there is no advantage to the Tekneys.

There, that's my rant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.