1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

where's the vendors?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slayer, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

where

Attended the MI state shoot yesterday and was disappointed in the lack of vendors there. One guy selling reloading stuff, one gunsmith, and an earplug booth, that was it. Not even a decent t-shirt available. Would I have had better luck at the grand? Just the economy again, I guess. Or maybe less interest in shooting sports in general? Bill

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

They're at Sporting Clays shoots!!

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Not many at the Indiana State or Wisconsin State either.

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Other than the Grand, vendors attend the largest trap shoot in the world, The Pennsylvania State Shoot, followed by Ohio, and, as the shoots get smaller, so do the number(s) of vendors. The size of the shoot, and it's duration, dictate the number of shooters and hence, the number of vendors. The PA shoot lasted 9 days and drew thousands, many of them club shooters who don't shoot registered targets and came for supplies and to watch/gawk; especially the Kreighoff Challange event.

best....mike

5. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

Slayer:

Both the GLG and the Michigan State Shoot are far less attended than they used to be. I don't know why as Mason is a top notch trap shooting facility.

As I look at the scores that are posted, I see events with 100-110 entries. That's what, 20-22 squads? What vendor is going to set up for 100 potential customers?

I recall when there were four rows of cars that started at the classification building and went all the way out to Service road. All ten banks were bursting at the seams to take care of all the shooters. Vendors were all over the place. How many banks were being used this year?

6. WBD

WBD Member

Pretty simple, really... Vendors go where they sell. If they load up and get nothing more that tire kickers, complaints that the prospective buyer can get it cheaper somewhere else, etc., they don't come back. As a shoot organizer, I try to solicit vendors and sponsors that can get a benefit from their support. Doesn't always work out... As many of us say, SUPPORT THE SPONSORS!

W

7. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Reality, we are all getting older, travel costs money, we are in an interesting economy. Older trap shooters are buying less.

Joe Woods/Ontario

8. SPACE GUN

SPACE GUN Member

The Ohio State shoot had a good number of vendors, However it gets down to the bottom line (making money) with travel cost etc. it is tough to do these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.