1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Wheres the beef at the Dollar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by oskerspap12, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Howdy, just wanted to know where the good grub is around the Silver Dollar? Any ideas, I'm starvin'. Thanks alot for the help.

Later

2. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

codys in palm harbor is the best we found and i cant remember name there was a good buffet not too far away

3. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Angelo's for Italian food on 19 about 1.5 miles north of Tarpon Springs road, in a strip center. Does not look like much but the food is super!

AliGator's is up just north of 54 near Walmart. Good all around menu and nice sports type bar. Try the Grouper.

Bally Hoo's over on Gunn Highway (Could be Erlich Road there...) has great food. I like the tuna steak or the stuffed Grouper. Never had a bad meal there either.

Daddy's Grill is over near the other Wally World in Oldsmar. Get better directions they're in the phone book. Nice menu fish steaks etc. Modest prices good food.

Cody's listed above is good ... great happy hour. Not bad for a chain.

If you don't mind a drive, there are a couple of good restaurants over on Dale Mabry. We like the Soup and Salad buffet restaurant and there is a Romano's Macaroni Grill which is well above average.

If you want a quick lunch and are tired of the gun club fare...go to the little restaurant up on Tarpon Springs road. North on Patterson to end, turn right go about 2 miles it s a little place on the right. Best Cuban sandwiches in town! More than you can eat. Really!

Enjoy Silver Dollar, We'll be heading down that way in 2 weeks ... meanwhile I just walked the dog in the snow storm ... it sucks.

Bob Schultz

4. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thanks alot Mr. Schultz, we will also be heading down on the 13th, spend a day with mom and then dad and i are shooting the 15th, 16th, and 17th. I am very excited, since this is my first registered shoot that i have traveled over 200 miles to go to. I hope to meet you while we are down there. I have a question for you? Do you think there is a way to rent or borrow a doubles gun down there, since i only own the unsingle guerrini and my dad owns a bt 99, so we dont have a doubles gun but would love the shoot the doubles. Thanks for your help sir.

Sincerely, Osker Reynolds

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Bob ..you missed your calling..you need write a traveling diners review guide!

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you have ever met Bob you would know that he is a true Gourmet.

Don

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Don- Behave, Bob is our friend and he is a very healthy well nourished man. The Greek food in Tarpon is great. I will be glad to give you directions but I will not attempt to spell the name of the restaurant. I will leave on Jan. 6 and I (well, my wife) am packing several pair of shorts.

Pat Ireland

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Boys,
    don't over-do on them shorts....
    It's 65 here this morning,and if it doesn't warm up soon( once the sun gets up good...)we're gonna have to close a few windows...!!
    Brrr.....

9. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pat are you talking about Hellas in Tarpon? Great Gyro's. Bulge.

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

65 is a heat wave. I just shovel the drive for the last time for a few weeks. Leaving for the sunny south in about 2 hours.

Don

11. Damifino

Damifino Member

For Steaks:<br>
    Cody's Roadhouse (throw the peanut shells on the floor). Its on US19 between Tarpon Springs and Palm Harbor (about 6-8 miles from the club). Not expensive and good food.<br>
    If you want to celebrate and spend some $$ go to Charley's Steakhouse in Tampa.<br>
    If you want to spend some $$$$$ go to Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa - Can't tell you much about Bern's, It's not in my budget.

For seafood there are a number of great choices:
    In Tarpon Springs at the end of the sponge docks and then go past the end (kind of out-of-the-way) try Rusy Belly's. It's good food straight from the boat.<br>
    Also in Tarpon is Snookers (on Alt 19). Great food and tiki bar, try the loaded nachos.<br>
    Also in Tarpon Spring is Paul's Shrimp house for a great fried shrimp platter.<br>
    One of my favorites is The Thirsty Marlin in Ozona (about 10 miles, near the Gulf). They have everything from Seafood to Steaks to Burgers. Try their Jumbuliya(sp?).

For very good inexpensive Mexican try La Hacienda, there is one on US 19 and on Sheldon Rd, both near the club.

For Sports Bar/Grills:
    Courthouse Grill on Race Track Road (about 3 miles).<br>
    The Varsity on East Lake Road (about 4-5 miles).<br>
    Both are great.

Somewhere different to take the wives:
    The Melting Pot Fondue Restaurant(about 4-5 miles) Bring friends.<br>
    If you have the appetite for Brazillian Style go to Boizao in Tampa. They give you a puck with green on one side and red on the other. They'll keep bringing you different cuts of meats until you turn the puck over to red. Don't waste your appetite on the salad bar or the early meats. They bring out the fillet and good stuff after you're full. A bit pricey but excellent and fun.

If you want a good NY deli sandwich try The Lucky Dill (also in Ozona, about 10 miles). Go for the mile high pastrami on rye. Everything there comes with dessert.

Don't forget the German Reataurant (very thoughtful name) on US19 in Holiday, about 10 miles from the club. GREAT german food - waitress has a sexy accent - a great choice of beers of course.

For the best Italian go to Maggiano's (in Tampa, Westshore, off Kennedy) served "family style". A bit pricey but GREAT food.

For a huge burger there is Five Guys just off of Race Track Road (3-4 miles). Don't order the large fries, the regular is more than anyone can eat anyway.

Also, Jay and his wife are taking over the grill at the club after today (the 1st). I think they are calling it "Skeeters'. It will have a bigger menu. Please patronize their new venture. Running a resturant is no easy task.

Hope this helps - If you need directions to any of the places just ask me.

Tom Boyer (Nathan's dad)

12. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

SAM SELTZERS STEAKHOUSE. THERE IS ONE ON US19 IN PORT RICHEY. THERE ARE MORE IN THE TAMPA AREA. CHECK THEIR WEBSITE. THEY ARE REASONABLE AND HAVE GOOD SPECIALS. GREAT PRIME RIB.

13. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

2006 Grand American - That is Mr. Schultz taste testing ice cream from vendors row..

FRedmon

14. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.