1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's the AARP? Obama Comments on Medicare

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by BT-100dc, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Where

Heard it on the radio today (Thurs., 3-05-09), Obama says Medicare and Medicaid is overwhelming the system and reform is needed. Does anyone else think that translates to reforming by cutting back the Medicare system benefits? Think about it, most seniors only have Medicare and by reducing benefits, it will ration these benefits in such a manner that seniors will be forced into either bankruptcy or death. May be the Obama people just want those 80 year olds to go get a job in order to preserve some benefits? Haven't heard any comments from the great ones at AARP; didn't they endorse Obama? I remember the Democrats scared the seniors into thinking that McCain was going to affect their Social Security & Medicare; ironically it will be the Democrats to cut the seniors' throats. Komrad BT-100dc

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

What? You think Democrats want to kill off some old white people or put them on waiting lists...so they can buy the votes of some younger, darker-skinned people in "areas of concentrated disadvantage?"

Boy, you right-wingers just never stop, do you?

But seriously...I guess their thinking is, productive peoples' votes are comparatively too difficult to buy...and once they get old, they don't have many voting years left, anyway.

I hate the idea of rationing. However, if healthcare is going to be rationed, I've always thought that "productivity to society" was the best indicator variable by which to perform the "cut" - which is exactly what we have now. The libs want to turn that on its head. But to do it any other way, will destroy the public's initiative. The only reason many semi-employed loafers bother to even maintain a job is to secure benefits for their loved ones. You make that "free" for the asking...you take away their only incentive to work...you make it so there is no need for them to punch a clock in order for their loved ones to be provided for...and America is going to change, Big Time. And trust me...it won't take the loafers long to figure out how to "use" the system.

And if your white, male, hard-working and deservedly-retired dad has to die on a waiting list to provide that...they will do it!

3. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

I belonged to AARP for one year and quit. The AARP IMO is simply an insurance company.

Ed Ward

4. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

More of a political lobby for the left...

5. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

First thread that I have read and completely agree with every poster. You got it spot on, fellows. J.W.

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

timber,,,,because the trial lawyers are one of the BIGGEST contributors to the democrat party,,,,just follow the MONEY,,,,set it up as loser pays the other's lawyer fees and it will stop this "settling" to save court costs!!!!!

7. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Why can't we have people like you guys in in office?

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The more they (gov't) cut the senior's benefits, the more the AARP can sell to them. They are NOT a friend to the Seniors. They are a bunch of left wing parasites. I'm elligible to join, but doubt I ever will.

9. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

AARP is very anti-gun also.

10. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Where

I joined AARP to get a discount @ some motels, but I cancelled & never renewed my membership when they named Harry Belafonte man of the year , after he spouted anti American statements.

Phil Berkowitz

11. shadow

shadow Active Member

AARP is not lost--it is planted firmly in the pockets of the far left !

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Putting old people on a waiting/death list will reduce the number Social Security checks they have to write every month. Man, this bunch is clever.

Here's a video on leadership you won't see on ABC.

13. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

14. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.