1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where's Grammie....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chuckles, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuckles

chuckles Member

Seriously.... does anyone here know what happened to Grammie, the Opinionated, Intellectual, old fart that always had a cynical, cryptic and honest solution for everything...???

I know he hailed from one of the Phoenix, AZ suburbs or close to there...

I miss his acerbic commentary...

Curious

regards

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I also miss his commentary.

3. zinger

zinger Member

you mean the same grammie who pretty much predicted all that's been happening with the stock market? I also enjoyed his wisdom.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

AFIK he is in Phoenix. Alive and well. Check with WPT.

HM

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Love or hate ole Grammie, but he wasn't afraid to speak his mind. 9 times out of 10 he was right.

ec90t

6. BPSR

BPSR Member

Add me to the list of people who miss his perspective on things.

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Hi Grammie<br>
    He may be lurking out there watching the threads. I bet it is just killing him to not respond like he used to. Time will be the final scorecard on Grammie. When I first read his postings, I thought he was way off. How many of his predictions are coming true is a little bit scary. IMHO YPMV

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

I wonder if he was banned and just didn't bother re registering...

regards

9. crusha

crusha TS Member

I would absolutely LOVE to hear his take on current economic happenings...right or wrong, doesn't matter. He was always interesting.

10. k-80owner

k-80owner TS Member

When Grammie was saying something on here everyday I didn't really care for the man. Then I met him and his wife at the Las Vegas Gun Club and I always liked him ever since. He has his opinions but most of the time he turned out to be right.

He and his wife are very nice people and I would be happy to spend time with them at another shoot.

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Now maybe I can have some of the punctuation Grammie seemed to love. I was always afraid to is commas or question marks believing that maybe he had used them all up!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I,,,,,,miss,,,,,Grammie, too!!!!!!!!

13. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I remember his musings on the coming war in Iraq and what would happen. He really nailed that one along with many other of his dissertations.

I always considered his opinions since he was an equal opportunity critiquer.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Grammie is alive and well, I bowled in a tournament with him today as a matter of fact ... We placed 12th out of 55 other teams and John carried us (way to go Buddy) ... I have been lead to believe that Grammie was banned for refering to the Moderators as Nazi's which is not something that would be taken lightly by a multitude of people so he created his own demise by not apologizeing when he was called on it ... I tried to talk some sense into him but he is pretty damn hard headed otherwise known as stubborn so its kind of like a stand off between him and David or one of the Moderators ... I have an advantage because I see and bowl with Grammie several times a week so I still get some of his ideas without all of the punctuations marks ...Personally, I wish he would give it up, man up and apologize but I'm not going to bet on it happening ... I will pass on the good words, maybe they will eventually help convince him to do what he has to do and be done with it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I even miss Grammie. He was pretty much right on about a lot of things..Dave

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sheeet...people have called me a lot worse than a Nazi, and I didn't care...but then again, I'm not a "control freak." There are some pretty excitable people on here...on both sides of the curtain.

17. Little Dog

Little Dog TS Member

Ole Grammie spewed out so many things that he had to be right ever once in awhile. Hardly makes him a sage as so many seem to think.

18. chuckles

chuckles Member

Thanks WPT, for the explanation, I kind of thought it may have had to do with being banned....too bad, his was a voice of logic and pain, humor and clarity, he has an active mind and he is missed.

regards

19. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Thanks again Bill for the explanation. Too bad, his "humor" and comments were more accurate than people wanted to hear. I also miss his postings on here. Hopefully I can get to meet him this winter at Ben Avery. Thanks again,Bob

20. shadow

shadow Active Member

He must know his chit. He was the resident turd examiner---remember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.