1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHERE'S BLAGO?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hopefully dumped in the ash can of history. For good.

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

His 15 minutes are over!

He'll only be a blip on the screen from now on.

Curt

3. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

I believe he is going to be on that Donald Trump show this season ( hope they have to finish shooting his part from prison!) Colonel

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I heard he is learning how to read a monitor so when he runs for President he has something to say like the current Clown Obama ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Here's a recent photo of Blago....taken in the men's room at O'Hare....

Curt

[​IMG]

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

The news said that he would be in court today to explain what a huge mistake the courts are making -- not his fault...........m

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Blago, is doing a stint on TV he doesn't want the rest of the country to miss out on his persona. check your locla listings i've seen promos of him and others with "Your Fired" Trumps show

8. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Being from Illinois I can't believe how long it's taken to get this case to court. I actually don't know what he's been charged with but knowing Illinois and the length of time it's taken to make this case I'll bet he get's out of it with a slap on the wrist. Dan

9. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

He was just on tv court at 12:00. I bet he walk's.

10. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

By Mike Springston, Sparta News-Plaindealer, Sparta, Ill. Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News

Mar. 31, 2004 --Southern Illinois is another step closer to having the World Shooting Complex built in Sparta, according to State Rep. Dan Reitz (D- Steeleville).

The capital budget request made by Gov. Rod Blagojevich on March 23 includes $29 million for the World Shooting and Outdoor Recreation Project. Upon completion of the initial facility, the complex will have more than 100 trap and skeet shooting stations over a 3.5-mile course.

"We still have a little ways to go, but this is a giant step towards making the World Shooting Complex.

11. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

For those readers not from Illinois and the perpetually clueless dolts who are, criminal charges against the disgraced and impeached former governor were filed in the U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. These are FEDERAL charges which will be prosecuted by U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald. The Illinois court system has nothing to do with the subject.

Governor d!psh!t was arrested December 8, 2008. As an aside, count one of the original charges contends he conspired with others to "defraud the State of Illinois and the people of the State of Illinois of... honest services".

That would be the understatement of the decade. However, the legal statute concerning office holders' duty to provide "honest services" is under appeal at the SCOTUS. So... about two weeks ago Fitgerald revised the charges to avoid that potential problem.

As for timing of the case, the wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow but exceedingly fine. Fitzgerald's office has spent most of the past 14 months building the case and squeezing a parade of other rotters that were eyeball deep in the corruption and dirty dealing.

In some respects state court would have been preferable. Federal convicts get one day off their time in the slammer for every day of good time served.

sissy

12. tachyon

tachyon Member

In June of 2009 the trail date was set for June 3rd 2010..... So much for a speedy trial.

In November 2009 Blago's lawyers asked that the start date be moved to September 2010. As far as i know that motion has not been acted upon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.