1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where were you when these happend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Sep 11, 2013.

1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    I was listening to a talk radio show and one of the guest said there are three events that people will always know exactly where they were when they found out about it.

1. The Bombing of Pearl harbor- Not born yet.

2. Kennedy assassination- In school, female teacher started crying when we heard the news over the intercom inside our room. We were all sent him early that day.

3. September 11th- I was working at the bank and a fellow worker came in around 11am and said their was an accident as a plane crashed into one of the twin towers. My bank's call center usually received around 4,000 calls per day and management thought there was a computer problem as most calls stopped that morning.

Any of you remember where you were that day? Any one out there around for all three incidents?
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa Wisconsin

2. 9manfan

9manfan Well-Known Member

1. Not born yet

2. 4 years old, kinda remember watching the funeral on TV....

3. Had just moved into my new shop and was replacing a 1/4 panel on a state patrol car, was listening to WCCO radio and was thinking WTF is going on, seems like yesterday........

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

1. Not born yet.

2. 9th grade English class.

3. Setting a cell phone tower and the tower foreman came up to the crane and said he heard on the radio a plane had crashed into one of the towers.

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

1. Was only 4 yo.

2. Working at a radio station in NYC so we got the news from AP & UPI on their teletype machines.

3. Was watching the Today Show to see a friend promote his book "What's The Number For 911?" At about 8:45am they cut away for a news flash and the rest is history.

Eric

5. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

#1 only a baby, don't remember much.

#2 working, boss was singing--turned on radio to drown him out.

#3 driving to work, didn't find out until I got to work.

Ross Puls

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    1. Not born yet.

2. I was miffed and pouted because the news preempted my cartoons.

3. My radio alarm clock said a plane had struck the WTC. I turned on the TV just in time to see the second plane hit. I knew instantly it was a terrorist attack, because the odds of a coincidence was about a brazillion to one.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

1. Not born yet, but was a gleam in my dad's eye ...

2. Sitting in school, seemed like everything stopped ...

3. Watching the news and couldn't believe my eyes, knew it was not an accident ... Then the second plane hit and it was confirmed ... Its a day I won't ever forget ...

WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

1) not born

2) working on a gun director @ the Brookly Navy Yard

3) On board our boat @ the Ortega River Marina, Jacksonville,Fl

Phil Berkowitz

9. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

1. Not born yet

2. In 6th grade, teacher came to the window of our class and said, the president Kennedy has been shot, remember it like yesterday, teacher started crying.

3. Driving to Georgia for a meeting listening to John Boy and Billy on the Radio, Billy says, hey a plane just crashed into the WTC, thought at that time it was an awesh*t moment, then a little later they said man another plane crashed into the WTS, then I knew something was up. When I finally checked in my Hotel at 7PM that night, I just sat on the end of the bed looking at the TV thinking holly molly what now.

10. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

1) not born yet

2) play out side during school, recess was cut short and we were all sent back inside, Why?? Remember my dad that nite saying, "looks like the mob(organized crime) got to him"

3) at home watching it take place. sitting at home waiting for L&I to ok surgery, took them 2 years. Can't wait for OboCare to kick in!!

11. 548

548 Guest

Good thread. These are also the three biggest events in American History consumed by conspiracy theorists. It might be interesting to add to your comments if you think your government was involved in any of these tragic events.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Around here we ask, "Where were you when Mt. St. Helens blew up?" (May 18, 1980) It was a Sunday morning. Some people felt the vibration in our area. We didn't. But the ash started falling and covering everything. We started taping up windows to seal them from the dust.

13. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

1. Not born yet

2. Not born yet

3. 6th grade reading class. I remember walking into the class room and seeing the teacher staring at the TV in complete shock. Ill NEVER forget that day. BYG

14. lwr_

lwr_ Member

1. Not born yet.

2. Was 4 and watching "Romper Room". News guy broke in on the program and announced that Kennedy has been shot. Mother ran into the room and said nothing. I could tell by the look on her face that she was concerned. My only concern was when were they going to return to my Romper Room show.

3. Was sitting in my office at the Navy Manpower Center, Millington, Tn, when our Commanding Officer announced we were under attack. Later I was talking to someone on the phone at the Pentagon Annex (just up the hill from the Pentagon). They said "Wait a minute" and put me on hold. When he came back he explained to me that he had just seen a plane crash into the Pentagon and had to go. A very good friend of mine that I went to Aviation Officer Candidate School with in Pensacola died that day in the Pentagon.

15. FIB

FIB Member

1. Not born yet
    2. Not born yet
    3. At work and was called by my Wife to turn on the TV. Saw the 2nd plane hit and thought what's next????

16. willing

willing Member

1. 11 yrs Someone came by and told us, no phone and radio not on.

2 At work in NYC at 220 Broadway.

3. At home in NC watching TV and saw 2nd hit.

Bill

17. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

1. Not born yet.

2. I was a senior in high school. The registrar came in our English classroom, across the hall from her office, to let us know. A friend and I went to his house to get a portable TV so everyone could watch.

3. In my office at the University. I went over to the student union to watch the news, but later was called back when my boss held his weekly staff meeting.

The other one I would add to the list is the first Apollo Moon landing.

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

1 - not born

2 - college

3 - prosecuting a scumbag for armed robbery, etc. in Superior Court.

Curt

19. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

1.Not born yet.

2.Spitshining a pair of boots in AIT at Ft. Knox KY

3.At home. A friend called and told me to turn on the TV.

20. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Iwr:
    Sorry that you lost a friend.
    Steve

My brother in law was married 1 month before 9/11. He was unable to get off work at the time and they never had a honeymoon.

My brother in law always took the plane that crashed into the second twin tower each week for work. His new wife asked him if he could take off as she happen to have off that particular day and they could possibly do something together.

When my wife heard the news of the second plane crash she was frantic as she knew her brother always took that flight. My wife and I and the entire family aged that day as we thought her brother was on that plane. Luckily, he took the day off.
    Steve