1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**Where were you 4/Jul/66??**

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ismah, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ismah

ismah Member

Personally I was in a bad place and am curious about some of the rest of you.

2. TEXASBEN

TEXASBEN Member

Flew in to a bad place unloade cargo and de-de to Guam was flying in C-118B as third seat(flight eng)

Ben Dobson

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

On JUl 4, 1966 I was on an old diesel electric submarine out of Chas. SC. The boat was a dinosaur, but a real runner. She was the last of the breed. A four engine fleet snorkel boat with Fairbanks Morse engines. She had a fleet bow & could do 24 kn on the surface. Never worked so hard in my entire life keeping that old girl running.

Phil Berkowitz

4. ismah

ismah Member

TEXASBEN & 635g: I was army & honestly don't know much about airplanes or subs. Did either of you make it to DaNang or Pleiku of that year?

5. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I was at USMC OCS, Quantico, VA. They back dated my Commissioning Date to 1 July 1966.

Semper fi,

HBT

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I had my military behind me by then and was employed as a Lab Director in an adhesives & coatings company!

7. opa41

opa41 TS Member

I was 101st Airborn Ft Campbell Ky

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I was sitting on a beach in Newport Beach, California, waiting for a nice set to roll in. Hot blonde ladies abound.

Supporting the home front.. Oh, I was 17, living the life...

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

Big [​IMG] Perazzi!!!

9. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I was just starting the 7th grade.

10. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I was not quite 16 but on the 4th of July weekend on Sunday I broke 4 bones in the top of my left foot. That ended the lawn mowing and anything else I was going to do that summer. Got back to walking without a crutches about when school started in Sept. It was hot in central Illinois that summer. When I broke the bones I put on a tennis shoe and tied it tight. We were about two miles from the campgrounds going home and had a flat. I'm hobbeling around helping my Dad change that flat and when he was putting the nuts back on the studs he says "What's that noise" I asked him what noise and he says " something is popping" we looked down and the laces were breaking in my shoe as the foot was swelling up to the size of a football with toes. The next morning we were in the x-ray waiting room and about to get the foot x-rayd and a screaming 5 year old was brought in with a shoulder dislocation. His mother was frantic and we let him go in to the x-ray room I wasn't in the pain he was in, The technition was getting the boys arm on the table and when he lifted the arm to put it on the table it popped back into place. The kid says to his mom "Look mom it don't hurt no more!" Then he windmills that arm and he went around three times with the dr trying to catch that arm and stop him saying "No no no no ." My dad and I laughed about that scene for 40 years. I had a basically care free 4th back then and so many of you guys were in Viet-Nam or heading that way. I know a lot of guys who were there and none of them that made it all the way back home. All of them left a little of themselves over there. Tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the Year. Thank god for those men who were strong enough to stand up to the worlds most well trained army and perservere. No wonder so many of us like to blow hell out of things with a shotgun.:) Must be in the blood. We are going to go to the parade in Champaign and then the fireworks called the Freedom Celebration. You guys are welcome to come on over and have a good time in Champaign if you don't have a parade to watch in your towns. Dan

11. nsrailroad

nsrailroad Member

shoot in the morning, river afternoon.

12. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

I was a motor officer for the Newport Beach, CA police department. Riding up and down the ocean front sidewalk protecting that new beach attaire...the bikini.

Jon Schorle

I'm still looking for some teenage surfer dude by the name of Jim Chapman...

13. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I was 6.

tony

14. dodge ram

dodge ram Member

I was in the CALIFORNIA HIGH WAY PATROL academey.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I was a motor officer for the Newport Beach, CA police department. Riding up and down the ocean front sidewalk protecting that new beach attaire...the bikini.

Jon Schorle

I'm still looking for some teenage surfer dude by the name of Jim Chapman...

Soooooooo, THAT was you..!!! You look so young then........

My brother did it, honest lol..

Grunion fishing on moonlit nights with unsuspecting high school girls lol

16. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

uh I was 3, so probably just hanging out being a pain in the ass. Thanks to every one who served. Birdtracker

17. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I was in high school and I was blowin' off M-80's and Cherry Bombs all over the place cause they were legal then and I'm a fireworks freak !!! Now they are illegal so I shoot lead shot out the end of my shotgun !!! Not as loud either !!..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

18. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Fishing for Muskies on Chautaqua Lake in south west NY state with my dad. Our 4th of July treat! Then watch the fireworks around the lake. Lots less to concern myself with then ... 14 years old. Bob

19. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

I was on my Honeymoon!

20. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

I was in the Air Force stationed at Fairchild AFB, WA
    Sonny Daniels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.