1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Where we are headed! Are you ready!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BILL GRILL, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Only one month in office and look what we've come to. A new bed and breakfast opened in upper Michigan.

<a href="http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p81/billgrill/?action=view&current=DSC00579.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Apologies to all you Democrats that took it personally, I just couldn't help myself.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You may nnot be as far off as you think.....

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I like trhe shotgun. bill, do you have one of those?

HM

4. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Hm, No I don't! Winchester?

5. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Bill,we are in a world of $hit.

Bocephas

6. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

DO you really believe that this economy/Big 3/etc. could happen in 1 month? I for one DO NOT THINK SO !

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

dk,,,,may not have happened in a month,,,,but hussein is not "helping",,,,in fact he is EXPEDITING the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Nice log home for one! put some wheels on that bad boy and hit the trap circut with that lever gun.

9. Mapper

Mapper Member

I think I hired that guy once.

10. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

Talk about a real log cabin. That gentleman looks like he has all the comforts of home, because it is home. I like the Winchester shotgun, it's either a Model 1887 or 1901, it's hard to tell from the photo. It may also be a 10 gauge. Try using that lever action on doubles--that would be fun!

11. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Thats a Colt shotgun you see. He probably has one on his side too.

12. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Locke a lock for Commerce?posted at 8:43 am on February 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey
    Send to a Friend | Share on Facebook | printer-friendly Barack Obama has found his third pick for Commerce Secretary, a post that has resembled the Spinal Tap drummer more than a Cabinet position in the Obama transition. Gary Locke, the former governor of Washington, will soon join the Obama administration in the position vacated by once and present Senator Judd Gregg (R-NH) and Governor Bill Richardson (D-NM):
    President Obama is probably going to pick former Washington Gov. Gary Locke for commerce secretary, several senior administration officials told FOX News Monday.
    The expected decision comes after the president’s two previous picks bowed out of the running. Sen. Judd Gregg, R-N.H., backed out less than two weeks ago, citing “irresolvable conflicts” with the president’s economic policies. New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson bowed out in January amid an ethics investigation in his state. …
    Since leaving office he’s been working for the Seattle-based law firm Davis Wright Tremaine on issues involving China, energy and governmental relations. He argues that global engagement is a way to improve China’s human rights record and deal with piracy of intellectual property.
    He’ll fit right in with Hillary Clinton on China, then. In fact, he’ll fit in better with the Obama administration than Gregg, who mostly opposed Obama’s economic policies. One big question is whether the White House will still pull the Census from Commerce, or whether a Democrat in the Commerce Secretary position will satisfy the Congressional Black Caucus and the Latino caucus. Locke would certainly serve to eliminate that controversy.
    He might stoke another, however. Fox News notes that Obama wanted a quiet, scandal-free appointment after Richardson’s pay-for-play investigation and the tax problems of several high-profile nominees. Locke, though, brings a little baggage that may get a new look in a confirmation hearing:
    LET’S SAY YOU’RE Gov. Gary Locke’s brother-in-law. You bunk at the governor’s mansion. You commute to your nearby job as an executive of a private technology firm.
    During your two years with the firm, the governor signs a bill giving your company a tax break, personally intervenes in a dispute involving your company, shows up for a party there, and signs a federal loan application for your company, whose founders—your bosses—pay at least two visits to the mansion.
    At the same time, your company rakes in millions in state aid, lands a fat state technology contract, and is allowed to use government credit authority to float new loans (an authority illegally granted, as a state auditor’s report will reveal this week).
    Are you getting gubernatorial favors that average citizens don’t get?
    Naaaw, says the governor.
    The scandal involved SafeHarbor, an online-services firm that racked up an impressive amount of state contracts and tax breaks during the two years that Judd Lee, the brother of Locke’s wife, bunked at the governor’s mansion. Locke and Lee claimed that they never discussed SafeHarbor business while living in the same house, but as Seattle Weekly notes, SafeHarbor got a lot of attention from Locke, coincidentally or not. It got over $12 million in government aid and saved over $600,000 from legislation pushed by Locke, while gaining almost $500,000 in state contracts. The state aid actually comprised federal funds for redevelopment, channeled through a state agency called PDA, which allowed Locke to claim that SafeHarbor never got state aid money.
    Will we hear more about SafeHarbor and how they ended up with $12 million in taxpayer money while its executive bunked with Locke? It certainly seems like a good topic to pick for an administration that promised it would clean up Washington and end the politics of influence

13. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Disregard my previous post on Colt shotgun. Thats a 1887 Winchester lever. I used to have one in 10 Ga.

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Anyone ever see a lever action trap gun? I had a friend back in the 1970's that shot a custom Martini (sp?) drop block action. I've never seen another.

15. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Disregaurd my previous post also . Apparently J. Brooks is on to ?????????SOMETHING???????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.